Vintage NUD!

wdonley

Reaction score
Off at the beach for an escape day. Wife wanted to go thru an antique shop. Going in, I commented “we never buy anything here “. As we were about to leave, say some string instruments. Kinda hidden was a banjo uke. Messed with it. Liked it. Wife really liked the sound of it. Ok! So, $150 later, I’m the proud owner of a ‘40’s Kay banjolele!
Fun to play. Good for old timey, bluesy stuff. Right up my alley..0972B0B1-9A11-44F0-A6FC-F1C706A11334.jpeg

Congrats on the new-to-you banjo uke! Sometimes the best things come along when we least expect it. :)

You mention old timey music and going to jams ....
Do you, by any chance, know Gary Arcemont? He’s a long time friend of mine, a multi-instrumentalist, who lives in SLO. He plays a lot of old-timey music and has been to a lot of local jam sessions. Just curious to know if your paths have ever crossed...

You mention old timey music and going to jams ....
Do you, by any chance, know Gary Arcemont? He’s a long time friend of mine, a multi-instrumentalist, who lives in SLO. He plays a lot of old-timey music and has been to a lot of local jam sessions. Just curious to know if your paths have ever crossed...
Not by name. There’s a lot of people I play with that I lose names, tho! The jam is hosted by Ron Saul, the bassist of my surf gig,The Dentures. I play drums there. We play in the shop next to National Resophonic, with all of those connections.

Attachments

• AEF30155-C91C-4357-B076-2A4ABA5B9E94.jpeg
    AEF30155-C91C-4357-B076-2A4ABA5B9E94.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 579A9E59-B255-4AF2-97A7-D0625CB30F0D.jpeg
    579A9E59-B255-4AF2-97A7-D0625CB30F0D.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 17
Not by name. There’s a lot of people I play with that I lose names, tho! The jam is hosted by Ron Saul, the bassist of my surf gig,The Dentures. I play drums there. We play in the shop next to National Resophonic, with all of those connections.
Cool shirt, cool fedora, cool shades, cool ukulele!

Congrats! That's a classic! Maybe your builder friend can give it a dynamite setup for you.
Bela Fleck?
Wow.

Congrats! Looks great and the best part is "Wife really liked the sound of it."

Congrats on your find. That's a good looking banjolele.

If that's an original calfskin head, it's in fantastic condition.

Somehow, when you stumble onto a great deal for a fun instrument, it makes playing it even more enjoyable.

Top Bottom