Worth Strings - Painful After Long Use?

I have worth clears on my tenor Moore bettah. Have tried aquilas but found they don't sustain as long as worths do. And they feel rough.

And no finger pain here :)

Now I do get wrist pain when I try that chord Jake does with his index finger on the second fret and pinky on the ninth!!

Interesting that I would read this post tonight. I just unpacked a new ukulele today struck with Worth-Clears. I played/practiced as usual but had to stop after 90 minutes or so because my finger tips hurt so badly. they are still very sore, even to type this. Interesting.

Ha! It's so hard not to offer an opinion on strings, so here goes: I only use Worth clears and browns on my ukes, all solid top except one laminate, a Kala SEM, which has Worth clears on it, and sounds great. I've had several ukes originally string with Aquilas, and without exception, they all sounded better to me strung with Worths. What is 'better'? For me, it means two things 1) longer sustain after strumming or picking, and 2) stronger overtones and sympathetic vibrations on both the plucked string and adjacent strings, giving a richer sound. I haven't had problems with sore fingers when using Worths, but do have that problem with Fremont blacks.

Top Bottom