You know what grinds my gears

you know what grinds my gears.... when people say a ukulele is like a small guitar. Well u know what a guitar is actually a big ukulele.... well not really they are all their own instrument
So i made this, check out the link.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2418279

yeah i know what u mean, but all the people my age call it a ukulele, but older people, "thats a small one" they don't even refer to the uke as a guitar... just "small oe"

hmm i guess on the mainland you guys get that a lot, but the ukulele is well respected here in Hawaii.

ya because everything here is so AMERICANIZED. they never give respect to the rightful owners or credit to the correct people. thats one of the things i hate about people. IT GRINDS MY GEARS! lol.

but that happens with other things too, no just ukulele.

ya because everything here is so AMERICANIZED. they never give respect to the rightful owners or credit to the correct people. thats one of the things i hate about people. IT GRINDS MY GEARS! lol.

but that happens with other things too, no just ukulele.
ummm isnt hawaii american? hahaha just bustin yer ballz fred.

Hawaii is "American" yet since it's away from the rest of the states it has been able to keep its own identity and culture which is awesome.

i heard it's getting really crowded in hawaii.. lots of mainlanders moving out there. Is that true? Guam is about to get super-americanized. I think its estimated 30,000 U.S. military are coming to guam.

When I saw Aldrine's guitar videos on Youtube, my immediate reaction was that he had somehow shrunken.

oooh i got one!

you know what really grinds my gears?

when people pronounce "mardi gras" as...
mardee grawz instead of mardee grahh

its french, people. hahaha.

LOL when i first saw this, i INSTANTLY thought of Family Guy when Peter said this on TV about Lindsey Lohan hahahaha

anyway. i hate it when people say this too. and your objection statement if 100% true haha.

this reminds me of when white people (dont mean to offend anyone) ask or say this:

*me practicing Gung Fu, martial arts not 'Karate'*

random ass person: OMG! what kind of karate are you studying?!!....

me: ......*thinking i should dragon kick her then head butt her to the ovaries*

Hmm....so just white people ask you questions like this? It seems like there might be many people of many backgrounds that don't know much about martial arts considering its origins. I could definitely be wrong, but...sounds like they might just be trying to show some interest in you and have a conversation where you can educate them about something you obviously know a lot about. Next time maybe take the opportunity to teach. Who knows, maybe they will love what you have to say and get inspired to learn the history of Gung Fu etc...

Oh...what grinds my gears... When the person behind you in the movie theatre slowly opens the celophane plastic wrapping to the the red vines licorice or whatever candy they purchased. This is like slowly removing a band aid......get on with it already.......damn!!!!!!! Haahah..

Last edited:
Hmm....so just white people ask you questions like this? It seems like there might be many people of many backgrounds that don't know much about martial arts considering its origins. I could definitely be wrong, but...sounds like they might just be trying to show some interest in you and have a conversation where you can educate them about something you obviously know a lot about. Next time maybe take the opportunity to teach. Who knows, maybe they will love what you have to say and get inspired to learn the history of Gung Fu etc...

Oh...what grinds my gears... When the person behind you in the movie theatre slowly opens the celophane plastic wrapping to the the red vines licorice or whatever candy they purchased. This is like slowly removing a band aid......get on with it already.......damn!!!!!!! Haahah..

the thing is, when i correct them and say its gung fu, they are like, "so is that like karate?" or "what is that?"

obviously they didnt pay attention when they were watching The Karate Kid lol. ...Miyagi said that "in the 16th century, karate came from China. "Te" meaning "hand", Miyagi ancestor later called it "Kara-te", meaning empty "hand."'

the thing is, when i correct them and say its gung fu, they are like, "so is that like karate?" or "what is that?"

obviously they didnt pay attention when they were watching The Karate Kid lol. ...Miyagi said that "in the 16th century, karate came from China. "Te" meaning "hand", Miyagi ancestor later called it "Kara-te", meaning empty "hand."'

Yeh, I am a big MMA fan. Use your knowledge to teach. You have info that you can share on this topic.:)

i got another one. when people take videos with their digicams and they turn it 90 degrees like theyre going to make a profile shot... in video mode. right. hahaha

Jumpin Jims

Ukulele tips 'n' tunes--a beginner's method and song book.
Jim Beloff I spit in your direction.
He has key of C as C F G7
D D G A7
G G C D7
Sorry it just rubs my fur the wrong way

Also he has songs in his book with notes that are lower than low C. I guess he just wants you to strum the chords, and not try to pick the notes. My beginners method is to try and learn from another book.

Top Bottom