Full Set Up Ukulele Site, Worth the Wait?

ZJS

Reaction score
I’ve ordered from these fine folks before. The Ukulele site are always easy to work with. But this is the first time I decided to take advantage of a free full set up. They mentioned it could take up to 10 to 14 days to complete. I ordered a lovely uke from them on 1/21. It is now the eve of 2/8 and it still has not shipped. Does anybody have experience with this? Is it worth the wait? I’m starting to regret my decision 🫠

I’ve ordered from these fine folks before. The Ukulele site are always easy to work with. But this is the first time I decided to take advantage of a free full set up. They mentioned it could take up to 10 to 14 days to complete. I ordered a lovely uke from them on 1/21. It is now the eve of 2/8 and it still has not shipped. Does anybody have experience with this? Is it worth the wait? I’m starting to regret my decision 🫠
I ordered a uke the same exact day as you and it just shipped. So be patient, I guess. The full set-up is worth the extra time. I’ve ordered two other ukuleles from them, and the set-up was absolutely perfect.

I would wait and ask for my money back for the set-up .
They're known as being the best in the business for set-ups .
And what are your other options at this point ?

Last edited:
That's 10-14 business days (excludes days they are closed). Be patient, mine took the full 14 business days to ship. They are busy, give them time. It is worth the wait. They do a great job.

Well worth it. I've purchased three ukuleles from them and each one was set up perfectly.

It is worth the wait and more. I would tell them to take their time to do a good job. If you can give them the string height at the 12th fret even better, so you can dial in the action you want. My Kanilea came with some rough edges on the fret ends next to the body. I had to take it to a local luthier to have the ends filed smooth. It might have been from my style of play but my finger nails would get caught between the fret wire and neck. Again a good set up will increase your playing enjoyment. Good luck!

Question from the new guy here...What is it they exactly do? Have a have a new Kanile'a Pineapple coming from Kanile'a at anytime...is there something I should look for? When my KoAloah's came they were set up perfect, one from KoAloaha and one from Uke Republic.

Factory set up is for average player. But not everyone likes the average so stores can set it up to your personal specs.
Question from the new guy here...What is it they exactly do? Have a have a new Kanile'a Pineapple coming from Kanile'a at anytime...is there something I should look for? When my KoAloah's came they were set up perfect, one from KoAloaha and one from Uke Republic.

Top Bottom