Price
$1,000 or best offer
Shipping
Free to CONUS, $50 to HI and AK
Size
Tenor

leokiekie

Reaction score
Hi guys. Up for sale is my 5-string Kanile'a tenor ukulele. I wanted to try it out because of the octave G strings and the flexibility that it gives to the player. Although it sounds wonderful, I just haven't bonded with it and I figured that I would pass it on to the next player. It was purchased from The Ukulele Site in April of 2020 and it received their full setup. An LR Baggs 5.0 pickup was also added during the purchase. Serial #22744

PayPal F&F preferred
Koa body
Ebony fretboard, headstock faceplate, and bridge
Mahogany neck
UV cured natural satin finish
Kanile'a gigbag

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpeg
    IMG_1127.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1128.jpeg
    IMG_1128.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1130.jpeg
    IMG_1130.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1132.jpeg
    IMG_1132.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1133.jpeg
    IMG_1133.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1134.jpeg
    IMG_1134.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1136.jpeg
    IMG_1136.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1137.jpeg
    IMG_1137.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1139.jpeg
    IMG_1139.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
Hey Leo,
Just curious, when I had my Kanile'a 19" 5-string I swapped out the position of the high and low G strings so the low was on the outside. Have you tried this? I liked it this way better. Or do what Taimane does and have 2 low G's.

Hey Leo,
Just curious, when I had my Kanile'a 19" 5-string I swapped out the position of the high and low G strings so the low was on the outside. Have you tried this? I liked it this way better. Or do what Taimane does and have 2 low G's.
I haven't tried to swap out the strings. I almost tried it when I threw on new strings for the pictures but decided not to. I wanted to keep it original for the sale. Plus, I haven't been playing any other ukulele since I acquired my Moonbird. I bonded with it on day one and decided to sell everything else!

My inexpensive but descent sounding Aklot came with lowG high G. So low g on top. I didn’t like it . To me the low g over powers any attempt to hear just the high g. I put high G on top. Now I can syncopate like a high G ukulele or play the low G by picking it and muting the high G. It makes the five string very versatile. I have not tried the Tamaine double G set up. Very nice Kanile’a five string.great price…. Just catches me at a bad time cash wise. Good luck with sale.

My inexpensive but descent sounding Aklot came with lowG high G. So low g on top. I didn’t like it . To me the low g over powers any attempt to hear just the high g. I put high G on top. Now I can syncopate like a high G ukulele or play the low G by picking it and muting the high G. It makes the five string very versatile. I have not tried the Tamaine double G set up. Very nice Kanile’a five string.great price…. Just catches me at a bad time cash wise. Good luck with sale.
I agree that the five string is very versatile. I'm tempted to take it out of its case and noodle with it but then I might want to keep it! But I need the funds to hopefully pay for new tires for the minivan soon. :)

Hi guys. Up for sale is my 5-string Kanile'a tenor ukulele. I wanted to try it out because of the octave G strings and the flexibility that it gives to the player. Although it sounds wonderful, I just haven't bonded with it and I figured that I would pass it on to the next player. It was purchased from The Ukulele Site in April of 2020 and it received their full setup. An LR Baggs 5.0 pickup was also added during the purchase. Serial #22744

PayPal F&F preferred
Koa body
Ebony fretboard, headstock faceplate, and bridge
Mahogany neck
UV cured natural satin finish
Kanile'a gigbag
Leo, how would you describe the condition of the ukulele? Sometimes it’s difficult to discern just from photos.

I have never played a five-string but sometimes I get where I don’t like the Low G because it overpowers the other strings to my ear. Other times I like it. 🤷‍♂️

I’m thinking a five-string may be the answer for me since it has the best of both worlds. And this talk of reversing the Low and High G strings is intriguing!

Mahalo.

Leo, how would you describe the condition of the ukulele? Sometimes it’s difficult to discern just from photos.

I have never played a five-string but sometimes I get where I don’t like the Low G because it overpowers the other strings to my ear. Other times I like it. 🤷‍♂️

I’m thinking a five-string may be the answer for me since it has the best of both worlds. And this talk of reversing the Low and High G strings is intriguing!

Mahalo.
I would say that the condition is excellent to near mint. I don't think I've played it for more than a few hours total. It's lived in its case its whole life. Just taken out to play with on the couch then straight back to the case. No nicks or dents or anything that I saw when I wiped it down when I took the photos. I can look at it again after work. Maybe I can post indoor pics of it instead of it in the sunlight.

Reactions: Kei
I would say that the condition is excellent to near mint. I don't think I've played it for more than a few hours total. It's lived in its case its whole life. Just taken out to play with on the couch then straight back to the case. No nicks or dents or anything that I saw when I wiped it down when I took the photos. I can look at it again after work. Maybe I can post indoor pics of it instead of it in the sunlight.
I am in the process of acquiring a custom rig. But I am going to try to gather funds for this. If you sell it in the meantime - good on you. Have a great evening!

I want to put this out there in case anyone gets to wondering if this is a good seller and a safe way to buy. I can only speak to my own experience here, but I received this beauty today and I can vouch for leokiekie being a GREAT seller and extremely easy to work with. Aloha! 🤙🏼

Top Bottom