Seeking a weird baritone

bellgamin

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I have several baritones. My favorite right now is my oversized Pono UL4N-10. What I would like to buy next is a baritone with a non-standard, VERY unique shape & a solid top. I want it mainly as a novelty so $600 is the max I'll spend.

If you run across something like what I'm looking for, please let me know.

P.S. No Pineapples, please -- those are no longer unique.

Hola Jim... Thanks for the link. That baritone certainly is shaped like an amoeba ( makes me think of dysentery for some reason). To me, it's not an attractive uniqueness but others might like it. First I ever heard of using aspen as a top wood. Hmm....

I once saw a baritone shaped like a mandolin or mandola, but it wasn't for sale. I sure would like to find 1 of that shape. A resonator baritone might be interesting, too.

if you click the "More" link, there are a lot of details on the etsy page.
Black Cherry Book matched sides and back,
Sound board is Quarter Sawn Sitka Spruce with a Black Cherry rosette
Width of body 10”
Depth of body 3”

I almost bought one of this guy's long neck concerts a few years back but went another direction.

if you click the "More" link, there are a lot of details on the etsy page.
Black Cherry Book matched sides and back,
Sound board is Quarter Sawn Sitka Spruce with a Black Cherry rosette
Width of body 10”
Depth of body 3”

I almost bought one of this guy's long neck concerts a few years back but went another direction.
The ETSY guy replied to my questions. It's almost (but not quite) the same info you got. He said the Black Kat's top is solid quarter sawn Sitka Spruce and the B&S are solid Birds Eye Maple, with a max body depth of ~3".

I now have a PONO Nui possibility that will (or won't) happen o/a mid-March, so I need to wait that out. If the PONO falls through, I I like the ETSY Black Kat Barry by 8 on a scale of 10 so I *might* buy it even tho it's priced a bit over my budget.

Of course, if the Nui comes through, it will be waaay over my budget but I will get it anyhow and eat PB&J for a month or so, instead of steaks & manapua & kalua pig. Until then, the hunt goes on. Tally Ho!

It's gorgeous! From whence?

Hi, yes I build these.
Base price is 400. This is our thinline style.
Inlays add 50.
Pick up available.
The only issue with this shape is it doesn't fit in a barn hard case. We use a laniki case with no interior shape .

Top Bottom