The Wife Is Out Of Town

Been down that road several times over the last 64 years. Her-'What are you looking at', Me- 'A couple of xxxxx, but they're pretty expensive.' Her-with a shrug, 'OK, just get what you want, and don't worry about the cost.' as she moves on with what she is doing. Wonderful woman. So I don't worry about the cost, really, I don't. [If you believe that, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.]

I probably should have disclosed in my original, un-funny, bluntly worded response that my wife is an accountant. :ROFLMAO: Nothing gets past her.
My wife's a CPA (although she works in accounting firm and corporate). Try it; it really works. It's something about psychology.

I find there’s a maximum number of ukuleles that my husband can be bothered to keep track of. As long as I always have at least that number (around 8) he doesn’t particularly notice new additions.

It also helps if one’s other half has a corresponding collection. In my husband’s case it is books, which I also love, but his collecting is beyond obsessive and our basement “library” currently holds about 8000 of the dusty little buggers.

So the wife is out of town and you are killing time on the computer dreaming about a new ukulele. You come across two that are both wonderful and like new, a Martin 5K Tenor new manufacture and a Collings UT-41K. You know there are others you would say are better, cheaper, etc., but you are limited to one of these. The Martin has a wonderful warm sound the Collings has a great sound with a punch. It's a lot of money but if you're going to make the wife mad, do it right the first time. What's your choice?
Show her the Moore Bettah that just recently sold at auction, tell her you tapped out at $18k, and will settle for one of these instead. See, you just saved $13k+. Like a good catcher in baseball it's all about how you frame the pitch.

It also helps if one’s other half has a corresponding collection. In my husband’s case it is books, which I also love, but his collecting is beyond obsessive and our basement “library” currently holds about 8000 of the dusty little buggers.
That sounds like my brother in law and sister in law. She tries to avoid mentioning his books and computer equipment/gadgetry, he tries to avoid mentioning her purses and shoes. Both of them have actual collections, not just casual amounts of any of the specified items.

That sounds like my brother in law and sister in law. She tries to avoid mentioning his books and computer equipment/gadgetry, he tries to avoid mentioning her purses and shoes. Both of them have actual collections, not just casual amounts of any of the specified items.
Haha, yes, that is exactly how it is. An awful lot of very careful “not mentioning” goes on in our house, I’m sure it’s the secret of a long and happy marriage 😂

Top Bottom