Banjolele sound

RoccoW

Reaction score
So I just got my new banjolele today: A nice shiny Richwood.
Now after tuning, I started to play a bit more and I`m still not 100% satisfied about the sound. Theres to much vibration from the... Ok honestly, I still don't know what the part is called, so I`ll show you (the plastic part).
foto87.jpg

foto88f.jpg

I noticed in videos that other people do not experience this, so my question is: Can someone tell me what needs to be tweeked? I`m sure it's either the screws or bolts on the top photo, or the screw on the bottom photo.
I don't know if other people on here own a Richwood Banjolele or if someone else could help me :)
Please try

Thanks in advance :)

On my Gold Tone, which is very similar to yours, it rattles whenever the 4 big screws that hold the back resonator on are loose. I like to have them loose a bit because I like the sound, but others tighten them. But don't tighten them too much. Just enough so they don't rattle.

On my Gold Tone, which is very similar to yours, it rattles whenever the 4 big screws that hold the back resonator on are loose. I like to have them loose a bit because I like the sound, but others tighten them. But don't tighten them too much. Just enough so they don't rattle.

Is there a way to know when it's better not to get them any more tight? :rolleyes: Just got this bad boy and don't wanna brake it ;) Does it get rid of the more "hollow", sound by the way? Or is that sound just a result of the resonator? I`m kinda new to these kinda things ^^"

Last edited:
Top Bottom