2kulele, aka frankenlele, aka bastardlele

very nice. now you get to make a custom case for it =)

Can n e 1 say " really big gig bag" haha, just kidding.
Seriously though, does any one know how to make an Ukulele case?

I am making an Ukulele that is "a little different" and have no idea what I am gonna do for a case.

Aloha
Bob

2ukulele

Russ,

How did you finish them?...Did you use lacquer?....Did you stain them?...The final result looks great...Can't wait to get my gryzzly kit...!st built ever!

Russ,

How did you finish them?...Did you use lacquer?....Did you stain them?...The final result looks great...Can't wait to get my gryzzly kit...!st built ever!

i forget which brand, some spraycan lacquer from home depot. i didn't use any stain. have fun with your kit!

Nice job! That's a great beast you've made, I love it.
Could I ask how you joined the two bodies together? I guess there is more to it than just butting up and glueing but imagine that if there is a solid piece of wood between the two it would make both halves quieter than a normal single uke.
One more quick question is about the bridge that came with the Grizzly kit. What are they made from. I bought a kit from Thomann in Germany and I'm sure it's a rebranded Grizzly but the bridge is a really nasty platic thing. I bought a nice Rosewood one to replace it but it's something I've never seen anyone mention before so was just wondering.
Cheers,
Ian.

Nice job! That's a great beast you've made, I love it.
Could I ask how you joined the two bodies together? I guess there is more to it than just butting up and glueing but imagine that if there is a solid piece of wood between the two it would make both halves quieter than a normal single uke.
One more quick question is about the bridge that came with the Grizzly kit. What are they made from. I bought a kit from Thomann in Germany and I'm sure it's a rebranded Grizzly but the bridge is a really nasty platic thing. I bought a nice Rosewood one to replace it but it's something I've never seen anyone mention before so was just wondering.
Cheers,
Ian.

hi Ian,

yes, there is a piece of wood in the middle that holds the two halves together. you are right, it definitely affects the volume. the bridges that came with my kits are wood. have fun with your kit!

Top Bottom