Anyone know of any reputable custom shops in Asia?

Really? A Martin style 0 only cost the same as one hours wages for a working man/woman?
I don't believe that you have done the comparison properly. Still, if this is where your at then just buy a Makala Dolphin.
If you value a ukulele so lowly then there is no point in asking for advice here.

My budget for a well made ukulele with almost no binding and ornamentation is $250-500, and less from Asia.

My budget for a well made ukulele with almost no binding and ornamentation is $250-500, and less from Asia.

Well your out of luck. Simple as that. The best you can do is to just play ukulele after ukulele in a big store until you find one that's acceptable to you. After you add shipping your not even going to buy a custom spec ukulele from Asia for that money.

Now. Have I bought hand made instruments from Asia for that money?
Yes I have, yet they were whatever the seller was selling and rather hit and miss. Certainly not a custom specified instrument.

Last edited:
I was going to pass on Vietnam only because it's a very humid country, and I didn't want to take a rick on woodwork from there.

Does Asada do custom makes?

And Hawaii is dry????

And Hawaii is dry????

I never pictured Hawaii as a balmy, tropical kind of island, for some reason. Never been there. I was born in South-East Asia, but I grew up in Texas. Hot and humid.

Top Bottom