Blast from the past

EDW

Reaction score
I remember when these were sold a bunch of years ago. They were distributed by Kiwaya. I have not seen one in a long time

Sounds pretty decent in this clip

Kala recently took on a line of bamboo ukes from a Chinese manufacturer that sells them under other names. I bought an Aklot tenor cutaway that I modified with black strings, nut, saddle, fret markers and strap buttons. Very nice uke, even for the $100 selling price on eBay or Amazon.

Aklot bamboo cutaway.jpg

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 4 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 6 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

A ukulele made from grass? From a weed?

< pause as this sends my mind racing >

I used to install flooring that looked just like this...

Who woulda thunk it!

Kala recently took on a line of bamboo ukes from a Chinese manufacturer that sells them under other names. I bought an Aklot tenor cutaway that I modified with black strings, nut, saddle, fret markers and strap buttons. Very nice uke, even for the $100 selling price on eBay or Amazon.

View attachment 144676

4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 4 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 6 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
I have a Cordoba bamboo soprano that's just a miniature version of the Aklot tenor. I love that uke. Sweet uke, that one. Then I bought the Aklot tenor bamboo when it first came out, but I never use it because I have too many ukes. Then someone made a solid bamboo 17 tine kalimba, so I had to have one.

View attachment 144676

Mike,
I bought one also. Installed an ebony saddle and nut, and put on a set of Freemont Blacklines. I really couldn't be happier for the price. I rotate it into my playing often and enjoy the sound.

Cheers,

Steve.

Well, Verizon FIOS costs were getting ridiculous here. So I switched to our other local provider for high speed internet, and equipped all our TVs with Roku sticks. Then to get more channels, we added YouTube TV, which provides tons of channels and virtually unlimited DVR, so we record any show/movie we even think we may want to watch later, and can fast forward through all the commercials. Our bill is about half what Verizon charged. Of course, Verizon charges you on all the per-TV equipment too, which can be costly, and takes up way more room than a Roku stick. Another big benefit is that you can take the Roku with you when traveling and watch just like being at home, with all the same channels and layout, and all your recorded DVR content.

Last edited:
Ukecaster, I think your account has been hacked! 😲

Top Bottom