bridge popped off...how to I repair?

haolejohn

Reaction score
Took baby to Dr today for her one year check up...I took a uke with me. I got in the waiting room and opened the gig bag to see the bridge had popped off. I haven't taken this uke out of the bag for two Weeks so not site when it piped off. I did leave it in the car the other day over night. Can I just glue it back? Do I need clamps?

Took baby to Dr today for her one year check up...I took a uke with me. I got in the waiting room and opened the gig bag to see the bridge had popped off. I haven't taken this uke out of the bag for two Weeks so not site when it piped off. I did leave it in the car the other day over night. Can I just glue it back? Do I need clamps?
Clamp! STAT!!
bring it to someone to repair it. You need these crazy clamps to hold it to the top. they go into the soundhole and hold it inplace.

Maybe God was trying to tell you that, no matter how much you love uking, the others in the office would prefer you didn't play it there.

Hmmm. LOL

Maybe God was trying to tell you that, no matter how much you love uking, the others in the office would prefer you didn't play it there.

Hmmm. LOL

Maybe...but there was only one other family waiting...plus I am a considerate uker. I uke quietly and quite well.

John, I think you will need to clean the old glue off first. Clamping or some other way of getting good contact with no separation is needed.

Maybe you saw this earlier thread on the bridge re-gluing. Lots of good info there.
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?57534-Bridge-Glue&highlight=glue+bridge
I knew there were some other threads but I was getting no luck using search engine. I figured I'd have to sand...great time to learn some basics I suppose.

Top Bottom