Famous uke fretboards

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I have a nice older Famous FS-1 soprano. Got it 4 years ago used, stupidly sold it, then luckily got it back about 2 years ago. I love it. I always thought the fingerboard was rosewood, but lately, I'm getting some wear, showing the lighter wood below. So, I assume it is a stained lighter wood, probably walnut. Anyone know what wood they used?

2 pics from 4 years ago also included.

Attachments

• 20220805_113920.jpg
    20220805_113920.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I have a nice older Famous FS-1 soprano. Got it 4 years ago used, stupidly sold it, then luckily got it back about 2 years ago. I love it. I always thought the fingerboard was rosewood, but lately, I'm getting some wear, showing the lighter wood below. So, I assume it
sounds like the uke mafia silenced him

ok, that explains it. As far as the fretboard, just buy a Sharpie, 😁

Yes, the fretboard is walnut, or at least it is for newer examples of this model. Not sure but Kiwaya might've switched from rosewood to walnut at some point in the past. The fretboard for the KS-5/FS-5 model is still rosewood.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the fancy inlays on the ukes of great players....
Well, if it’s a famous fretboard you want instead of a Famous fretboard: Del Rey.
0EC39CD5-246B-44FC-954C-180C5DA03108.jpeg

Top Bottom