Fraudulent web sites

Timbuck

Reaction score
That seems like blatant copyright or trademark infringement, in addition to fraud. they even have a photo of you on one of the listings of the ukes for sale.

You can maybe get this resolved without a lawyer.

One might want to search out the process for "DMCA Takedown",

It seems that anyone can file a complaint against a web site for hosting/showing infringing material, and the "takedown" process seems to have global jurisdiction.

I've never done this myself, but know of others that have, and got the infringing content removed.

I am not a lawyer, but it is at least worth reading about to see what can be done.

If it were me, and seeing someone using my name, my brand or my likeness in photos, I would be livid, and vigilant (read obsessed) with getting back my pound of flesh from the offender(s).

I came across the viugou site the other day. They seem to be stealing ebay pics

Wow, I wonder if these are all stolen ukuleles? Black market? I hope they get shut down, taken down, and fined or jailed!

That that weren't irritating it would be funny. What's the chance that there will ever be 30 of Ken's instruments for sale at the same time? Ain't gonna happen. Owners love them too much.

Latest is Thoscal.com. Gold label MIJ Kamaka for $65. Embarrassed to say I fell for it. Thought it was a resale shop with mostly women's clothing that didn't know anything about ukes. My lucky day!

I have been lucky before, like a $15 Kamaka Pineapple, and a Goodwill Martin, so this didn't seem too good to be true.

After I paid, the item appeared to still be available. In fact, you could buy as many of this one of a kind instrument as you wanted!

Attachments

• 3e0a4b96bf116e3990a00b90a2c4bf60ba90c9d7_101-1-768x1127.jpg
    3e0a4b96bf116e3990a00b90a2c4bf60ba90c9d7_101-1-768x1127.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 17
It does not even work anymore. The website probably didn’t bring as much profit as they expected, so they closed it.
Or maybe someone addressed one of the civil lawyers and had the websites closed by the police. The worst thing about such sources is that it’s very hard, if not impossible, to return any money you sent there. They just disappear, and even the police cannot track them every time. So, be careful and never do any transactions at websites you are unsure about. There are so many of them, and some people who are not very attentive might swallow the bait. That’s why you should tell your kids and elderly relatives to be careful about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom