Has anyone ever heard

Nope

I bought a concert from them. It was good value with a passive pickup. Their site shows travel guitars and ukuleles. Their gig bag is truly outstanding. This came up on a thread a few months ago as the bag (which I purchased another) was on a big sale for about $15.

So I am thinking about the Martin TK1 if I do get it will I be disappointed?
I think the Martin TK1 is a very good tenor. The intonation is very good. The sound is pretty balanced when strung High-g. The neck is comfortable to play, the nut is 1-3/8" W with 3/8" between strings. Satin almost matte finish over all. The Koa on mine is pretty plain, but has a nice warm sound compared to a mahogany 1T tenor. Plenty of projection. It's a lot of ukulele for the money.

So I am thinking about the Martin TK1 if I do get it will I be disappointed?
I have one, and I am passionately in love with it. It is my favorite. If I could only keep one, this would be it. I have mine strung with Fremont Blackline in Low G. Mostly right now playing classical (the Jeff Peterson book is very good) and jazz chord-melody (Ukulele Nick here on UU makes nice clear tutorials on YouTube).

You might ask for opinions on the Martin Owners Club thread, too. https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/threads/martin-ukulele-owners-club.159066/

Last edited:
Welcome to UU, Koldun!
I think that some people like them. If I'm not mixing them up with a different brand, the gigbags are really great. I seem to remember that YouTube uke channels like Bernadette Teaches Music and/or Katie Denure looked at some models.

Welcome to UU, Koldun!
I think that some people like them. If I'm not mixing them up with a different brand, the gigbags are really great. I seem to remember that YouTube uke channels like Bernadette Teaches Music and/or Katie Denure looked at some models.
Frankly I don’t care much for Bernadette, being ex Navy I think what see did to her ex husband was just rotten.so I have no use for her opinion I have two new journey Ike’s and really like them they have marvelous necks and the bags they come in are sepectacular. When I first posed this. question I was waiting on their arrival. They are here now and I give them high marks.

Top Bottom