Hello from Jersey

uketuk

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Donna and I am a recent NJ resident. I wanted to learn the ukulele for as long as I can remember, but always made an excuse not to make the time or effort to pick it up. However, with my upcoming wedding, I decided why not start now and play ONE song for my soon-to-be husband? 3 months in and I am obsessed!

I currently own a blue fender Venice soprano, (my "something blue") for the wedding. It's cheap (strings broke while tuning, and one of the pegs are a bit loose) but it forced me to learn how to restring and tune lol. Although admittedly, I did bring it to a repair shop because I was afraid of snapping the new $$ strings. lol. Currently saving up to save on a nicer ukulele from TUS. Anywho, thank you for letting me into the community, Ukulele Underground!

What a fabulous incentive to learn ukulele! I love it!! And it's blue!! Please please please post a pic of you & your blue ukulele in your wedding dress at some point (if you don't mind), I would love to see that!

Welcome to the UU forums, and enjoy your ukulele journey. It's nice to have you aboard, and I hope you enjoy this sweet little instrument.

What a fabulous incentive to learn ukulele! I love it!! And it's blue!! Please please please post a pic of you & your blue ukulele in your wedding dress at some point (if you don't mind), I would love to see that!

Welcome to the UU forums, and enjoy your ukulele journey. It's nice to have you aboard, and I hope you enjoy this sweet little instrument.
Just uploaded my uke as my profile pic! XD

Thank you!

Welcome to the UU, Donna. An obsession with all things ukulele are quite common here, so you’ll fit right in. :)

Hello, my name is Donna and I am a recent NJ resident. I wanted to learn the ukulele for as long as I can remember, but always made an excuse not to make the time or effort to pick it up. However, with my upcoming wedding, I decided why not start now and play ONE song for my soon-to-be husband? 3 months in and I am obsessed!

I currently own a blue fender Venice soprano, (my "something blue") for the wedding. It's cheap (strings broke while tuning, and one of the pegs are a bit loose) but it forced me to learn how to restring and tune lol. Although admittedly, I did bring it to a repair shop because I was afraid of snapping the new $$ strings. lol. Currently saving up to save on a nicer ukulele from TUS. Anywho, thank you for letting me into the community, Ukulele Underground!
Welcome, almost-neighbor!

Congrats on your engagement too! I love your plan to learn a song for your wedding! You'll find that by the time you've learned that one, you've probably learned the building blocks of several.

Taylor Ham or Pork Roll? :D

We used to live off Exit 19 (I-80) . . The bit with horse and dairy farms, but relocated to Michigan 20 years ago.

Welcome.

Top Bottom