Introducing "super8man" (me) - just noticed this forum board...

super8man

Reaction score
Hey all,

Mike here in Northern California (West Sac). I am part Tongan and Swedish and grew up in Vancouver (Canada) and now living down here - go figure. Been playing uke for about three years now. Started back in 2001 on electric guitar but over the years when I picked up a ukulele I realized how much my learning curve improved. Youtube came along and due to people like Seeso's version of "I Shot the Sheriff" and "Crazy Train" I was hooked. He's been my biggest inspiration to play and my desire to play well. If I have to pick one song at this point that brought it all together for me, "Hey There Delila" by the Plain White T's is the song I can play and sing at the same time. Not that you want to hear me sing but hey, it's progress! I still like firing up Seeso's I shot the Sheriff on my laptop and playing along.

I enjoy the blues typically strum 12-bar blues chord progressions to warm up before trying other things like "You Belong to Me" by Taylor Swift. I still can't sing and play at the same time for most songs but I am getting there. I know I know: practice! Ha. Still learning to "chuck" when playing (super easy on bar chords but harder for me when there are open strings). I guess you could say I am still playing down low on the fretboard with a few ventures up into the 9th fret area at times...Definitely getting more comfortable with those movable chord shapes (I like those!!).

OK, I am rambling now. My current ukes are a Pono Mango Concert Pineapple and a Lanikai Koa (laminate) soprano. Both have Aquilla strings.

Awesome forums here. Thanks to everyone I am learning from.

Cheers,
Mike

Hello Mike and welcome to the UU. Have a blast!

Good evening and welcome

Mike, this is a great place to ramble on on (or is it ramble on at. I'm not sure but it made me remember a time when I did not have a place to ramble on) See-it's catching! Welcome!

Aloha Mike,
Welcome aboard the UU and our forums....always nice to have a fellow ukers join the group....
Until next time, "Keep strumming them strings" Uke On!! Cheers, MM Stan.....

Top Bottom