It's here! - Getting close to NUD!!

As I randomly refreshed the tracking just now, I literally gasped out loud. No one seemed to know if the ukulele had left Brisbane as of yesterday, but today it is in Chicago waiting to get through customs! I’m getting excited again!
It’s back from the Bermuda Triangle!

Once it's in your hands, you'll play one chord and you won't remember a single thing about this whole saga!

For the tl;dr people, I updated the title. Tracking shows "onboard for delivery", though I haven't received an out for delivery email. But I assume it's true!! For those of you who joined me in my anxiety, I think a happy ending is coming our way!

Like giving birth! Once it’s nestled to your bosom, murmuring sweetly to you, you’ll wanna email Allen with another order.
I agree with Patty here. This drama has been the most exciting thing on the forum in ages! You can even just ask Allen to send you a package with anything in it and track it for everyone!

I feel like I've been holding my breath for quite a while but can now finally breathe. Whew!

I might have startled my mail carrier as he went merrily by my house so I ran after him to ask about my package. LOL. He did come back with it shortly afterwards.

So, I now know exactly where it is!

But, to keep us all in suspense, (the soap opera can't end yet, can it?), I'm letting it acclimate to my house after it's journey to the Bermuda Triangle and beyond, and won't open the box just yet.

I had previously asked Allen if I needed to wait and he didn't see any reason to, but I kind of feel like after all this, I don't want to mess something up by ripping the box open because I couldn't wait at least a couple hours.

Or maybe a couple minutes?? 🤣

After my concern about being home to sign for it, the mail carrier told me that he had taken care of that and I didn't need to sign. Maybe left over from pandemic days?

The package is staring at me, calling my name, but I'm trying hard to ignore it for a short while at least. But it sure is calling out to me....

I agree with Patty here. This drama has been the most exciting thing on the forum in ages! You can even just ask Allen to send you a package with anything in it and track it for everyone!
LOL. I bet if I had him send an empty box, tracking would accurately follow it every minute and it would arrive in a couple days.

I've opened the case, (nice case, BTW.)

OMG.

It's more beautiful in person than the photos indicate.

I've only played it for a very short time so far, but first impressions:

This is the most comfortable ukulele I've ever played. My cranky hands and fingers are very picky about the neck, and this so far seems like the best neck for me. (I asked for a nut width that isn't his standard, as I understand it, but one that he does use.) We all have our own preferences regarding action, but the action is fantastic for me. Strings are still settling, of course, but the sound is what I was hoping for. Oh, my.

I understand why people get in line for a 2nd one after receiving a Barron River.

NUD with more details about the ukulele will be posted later.

Well let's see it already....
A link to photos is in my first post of this saga.
I don't have a way to take any better photos than that.

You'll just have to take my word that it's even more beautiful in person. :)

LIke Tom Petty wrote: "The Waiting Is the Hardest Part" ©️
The hardest part was when no one knew where it was. Not even what country it was in.
I don't think that the tracking was as iffy for others, (and their shipments I think arrived a bit faster too), so it was just one of those things. But worrisome when no one could locate it....

But I know where it is now. LOL.

That's beautiful. What's the sound profile on the blackwood? Is it similar to any of the usual suspects?

That's beautiful. What's the sound profile on the blackwood? Is it similar to any of the usual suspects?
I’m certainly no expert on these things, so will quote from this website:
(It’s talking about guitars, but should still answer the question, I think.)

“While Brazilian rosewood remains the standard wood for comparing sounds made by guitars, many musicians choose the Tasmanian or Australian Blackwood as their guitar tonewood. The sounds and tones these guitars make is “sweet,” and distinct. It is different from the Brazilian rosewood tone, and adds a certain beauty and nuance to the tune and sound of the instrument.

African blackwood is denser and harder than either ebony or Brazilian rosewood. It is perhaps the ultimate wood for power, clarity, punch, and harmonic complexity. It has a tight, but robust sound; powerful and crisp; a dark bell-like overtone with a slow response. onally, it is not as deep as Brazilian rosewood, and not as tight as mahogany. It has a straight grain, and very fine texture with an oily surface. Strikingly different from other rosewoods in that it is black in color, and often with sapwood showing up in the guitar pattern.

AUSTRALIAN BLACKWOOD - A FANTASTIC GUITAR BACK AND SIDE GUITAR WOOD”​

Top Bottom