Price
Shipping
Seller will cover up to $50 to CONUS
Size
Baritone

ZJS

Reaction score
2nd owner
Only one small indent picture (pictured)
w/ K&K Pickup (in my humble opinion only passive pickups like this should be installed in a Uke) otherwise in great shape!

Free insured shipping to CONUS
Buyer covers PP fees or PP F&F

Absolutely Beautiful Grain. I Iove this natural digitized Koa grain

Comes with arch-top hardcase

SPECS:

Solid Deluxe Koa Body
Solid Mahogany Neck - Satin Finish
Ebony Fingerboard, Bridge and Head Plate
Standard Kanile'a Crown Headstock
Chrome Kanile'a Open Geared Tuners
Ebony Bridge Pins
NuBone Nut and Saddle
White Mother-of-Pearl position markers and logo
UV Cured Finish (Gloss)
Baritone 14″ Body
1-1/2 Inch Nut Width
20 Inch Scale Length

FAQ: “Why are you selling?”

A: “I’m selling this (insert stringed instrument here) because I have an insatiable and compulsive urge to try every ukulele (or stringed instrument) on the planet while still being able to pay my mortgage and feed and cloth my children. Many ukes I own I have done so for a brief time (generally less than a year, though I do hold on to some much longer). When I first started buying and selling often, looking for what I thought I’d eventually settle on a small batch and be happy. Years later I realize trying new stringed instruments on a consistent basis is what makes me happy and I have given up thinking that I’ll settle on a certain bunch and reach contentment. I regret many that I sell and have bought one or two back only to turn around and sell them again to buy the next one! It’s an addiction for sure, but so far, one I’ve been able to sustain without spending all my household income and putting my family in the streets”

Attachments

• IMG_6331.jpeg
    IMG_6331.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4372.jpeg
    IMG_4372.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4377.jpeg
    IMG_4377.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    949.7 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4378.jpeg
    IMG_4378.jpeg
    756.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_4382.jpeg
    IMG_4382.jpeg
    564.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4381.jpeg
    IMG_4381.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4376.jpeg
    IMG_4376.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4626.jpeg
    IMG_4626.jpeg
    932 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Appreciate the heads up. Thanks, I’m just a junky that bought way too much and, for a long while, sold way too little. I’m trying to even it out :)

I actually play one of these mine is a K-1 B DLX with Tru R UV gloss finish as a baritone player I can not say enough good things about the
Kanile’a baritones, that being said if anyone here is interested they need to understand the difference in finishes as the sound is very different. If your looking for a bright sounding baritone the gloss finish provides this, the regular standard finish is a Matt finish it is very balanced but not nearly as bright so depending on your taste you may want to know this. These do not turn up often. I purchased mine second hand it had a flaw a glaze crack on the bottom edge from possible bumping on a floor but not noticeable but the price I paid was much lower. The price on this one is aggressive for a second hand one. I am guessing the K & K is why personally I agree about passive pick-ups but I do not like the K & K for this ukulele I much prefer either Misi or L.R.Baggs 5.0 both are much more natural sounding then the K & K and I have tried them all. IMG_4074.png

I actually play one of these mine is a K-1 B DLX with Tru R UV gloss finish as a baritone player I can not say enough good things about the
Kanile’a baritones, that being said if anyone here is interested they need to understand the difference in finishes as the sound is very different. If your looking for a bright sounding baritone the gloss finish provides this, the regular standard finish is a Matt finish it is very balanced but not nearly as bright so depending on your taste you may want to know this. These do not turn up often. I purchased mine second hand it had a flaw a glaze crack on the bottom edge from possible bumping on a floor but not noticeable but the price I paid was much lower. The price on this one is aggressive for a second hand one. I am guessing the K & K is why personally I agree about passive pick-ups but I do not like the K & K for this ukulele I much prefer either Misi or L.R.Baggs 5.0 both are much more natural sounding then the K & K and I have tried them all. View attachment 154209
Thanks for sharing. Pardon my ignorance, but I’m new on this site, so I’m unsure if you are talking to me or the general public. Both? If you telling me this is priced too high what do these usually go for? I was looking at new ones and most are north of $1800, so I thought it was decent price 🤷‍♂️

First welcome to UU you may be in for a wild ride as there is much more here than just selling excess ukuleles.
Information posted is always for members private conversations are used for one to one communication.
I never determine what prices should be I only know what I have had to pay. The going rate for these baritones used second or in your case third hand has been right around $1000 when they are in great condition and they seem to sell. I have never seen one sell for over $1200 in a matt finish with the basic standard package that doesn’t mean that can not happen. I think the longer it sits the lesser chance it will sell. I do not price things belonging to others it isn’t my business to do so as I am not the owner. Everyone has a right to whatever they expect.
The retail prices are often discounted by 10-15 % so what you are seeing is asking not getting for new ukuleles.
manufacturers are not permitting dealers to put discounted prices online the prices for new are strictly retail and always controlled when publishEd. In person deals are very often different I have seen this model sold for $1500 new. Pick ups are add ons and are not something from the factory but ordering from Kanile’a you can get a pick up installed when built.
There is not much of a way to tell if yours was a factory install or if someone installed it aftermarket unless you have the original invoice which would provide that information. Pick-ups have little value as an add on because you do not know where the pick up came from especially with a third hand instrument. If it was installed correctly or just put in by someone who is not a professional. If you don’t have the paperwork for the pick-up you don’t know how old it is or the model. Factory installs or luthier installs with receipt of instruments can add a little value (this is my opinion having seen some messy installs after market and unnecessary drilling through the block enlarging the end pin area.) Aftermarket is an after thought so at times unless an experienced luthier did the work it is more negative than positive Thus it can have value but generally speaking not much especially because electronics improve as time moves forward and these pick-ups get better as features are upgraded. This is not the same as a Vintage Les Paul pick-up. Acoustic pick-ups are constantly improving and older ones are becoming obsolete as we get closer to natural sounding under the saddle pick-ups. I have 50 years under my belt using acoustic pick-ups as a guitarist so I have seen these improvements and embrace the newest technology. I hope this makes my comments clearer and good luck with your sale.

First welcome to UU you may be in for a wild ride as there is much more here than just selling excess ukuleles.
Information posted is always for members private conversations are used for one to one communication.
I never determine what prices should be I only know what I have had to pay. The going rate for these baritones used second or in your case third hand has been right around $1000 when they are in great condition and they seem to sell. I have never seen one sell for over $1200 in a matt finish with the basic standard package that doesn’t mean that can not happen. I think the longer it sits the lesser chance it will sell. I do not price things belonging to others it isn’t my business to do so as I am not the owner. Everyone has a right to whatever they expect.
The retail prices are often discounted by 10-15 % so what you are seeing is asking not getting for new ukuleles.
manufacturers are not permitting dealers to put discounted prices online the prices for new are strictly retail and always controlled when publishEd. In person deals are very often different I have seen this model sold for $1500 new. Pick ups are add ons and are not something from the factory but ordering from Kanile’a you can get a pick up installed when built.
There is not much of a way to tell if yours was a factory install or if someone installed it aftermarket unless you have the original invoice which would provide that information. Pick-ups have little value as an add on because you do not know where the pick up came from especially with a third hand instrument. If it was installed correctly or just put in by someone who is not a professional. If you don’t have the paperwork for the pick-up you don’t know how old it is or the model. Factory installs or luthier installs with receipt of instruments can add a little value (this is my opinion having seen some messy installs after market and unnecessary drilling through the block enlarging the end pin area.) Aftermarket is an after thought so at times unless an experienced luthier did the work it is more negative than positive Thus it can have value but generally speaking not much especially because electronics improve as time moves forward and these pick-ups get better as features are upgraded. This is not the same as a Vintage Les Paul pick-up. Acoustic pick-ups are constantly improving and older ones are becoming obsolete as we get closer to natural sounding under the saddle pick-ups. I have 50 years under my belt using acoustic pick-ups as a guitarist so I have seen these improvements and embrace the newest technology. I hope this makes my comments clearer and good luck with your sale.
Thanks, I think haha. The pick up is installed well. This uke is gloss. Nevertheless, I’ll consider dropping the price. Thanks for your input!

I have no doubt I will enjoy experiencing all this site has to offer, including buying and selling. Of this I am confident :)

Thanks, I think haha. The pick up is installed well. This uke is gloss. Nevertheless, I’ll consider dropping the price. Thanks for your input!

I have no doubt I will enjoy experiencing all this site has to offer, including buying and selling. Of this I am confident :)
Your pictures appear Matt glaze which is standard it has a finish just not a high gloss finish. You should post a picture of the label Kanile’a hi gloss glaze will say UV gloss on the label . It is a thick glassy glaze finish and tough to photograph as it is very reflective. My post is about a very specific high gloss finish which yours is not. I am very familiar with Kanile’a. By posting the label it will help others understand which finish you have.

Your pictures appear Matt glaze which is standard it has a finish just not a high gloss finish. You should post a picture of the label Kanile’a hi gloss glaze will say UV gloss on the label . It is a thick glassy glaze finish and tough to photograph as it is very reflective. My post is about a very specific high gloss finish which yours is not. I am very familiar with Kanile’a. By posting the label it will help others understand which finish you have
Hey my friend, I suppose in may look different, but this is high gloss. I’m new on here, but am not new to strings instruments and finishes. I keep getting an error trying to share another picture on here, so I’ll add to separate reply. Thanks

Last edited:
Hey my friend, I suppose in may look different, but this is high gloss. I’m new on here, but am not new to strings instruments and finishes. I keep getting an error trying to share another picture on here, so I had to separate reply. Thanks
Marketplace is about building trust and not attitude. I am trying to help but you are very defensive and that turns off users especially those that have been around awhile. In my short time 16 months ( that is when I decided to join not when I watched and read comments) I have seen plenty of those who have pulled just about every stunt one can imagine in terms of listing items. Everyone is suspicious of Newbies who simply join and then only try selling their stuff, this isn’t a dealer forum. It is a place that requires contributing in order to gain trust. So as stated to you to try and help you just post a picture of the Kanile’a label which will verify the finish Hi gloss finish is called UV gloss on the K-1’s If your label doesn’t say it It ain’t high gloss. There is no getting around it Kanile’a has been around long enough to have perfected they way they mark their instruments. That will appear on your label People here won’t simply take other’s words they want pictures to verify. Newbies need to prove that they actually own their instruments and haven’t stolen pictures from somewhere else and that the instrument is as they are describing it. Details help sales here.
Know it all attitude is really a turn off. You have not been here very long and people try to help others by doing things properly it gains trust. Trust is EARNED here you just do not get it handed to you. A user not as nice as myself might call you on it and say “who do you think you are?” . Opinions are mandatory here they help users who not have the same experience with specific instruments. If you do not like them you better grin and bear it they are a way of ukulele playing life. Your listing does not show if you resonated with playing this instrument which immediately attracts suspicion.

IMG_6763.jpeg
Perhaps they have updated the labeling since this had been built, but I assure you, this is high gloss.

Marketplace is about building trust and not attitude. I am trying to help but you are very defensive and that turns off users especially those that have been around awhile. In my short time 16 months ( that is when I decided to join not when I watched and read comments) I have seen plenty of those who have pulled just about every stunt one can imagine in terms of listing items. Everyone is suspicious of Newbies who simply join and then only try selling their stuff, this isn’t a dealer forum. It is a place that requires contributing in order to gain trust. So as stated to you to try and help you just post a picture of the Kanile’a label which will verify the finish Hi gloss finish is called UV gloss on the K-1’s If your label doesn’t say it It ain’t high gloss. There is no getting around it Kanile’a has been around long enough to have perfected they way they mark their instruments. That will appear on your label People here won’t simply take other’s words they want pictures to verify. Newbies need to prove that they actually own their instruments and haven’t stolen pictures from somewhere else and that the instrument is as they are describing it. Details help sales here.
Know it all attitude is really a turn off. You have not been here very long and people try to help others by doing things properly it gains trust. Trust is EARNED here you just do not get it handed to you. A user not as nice as myself might call you on it and say “who do you think you are?” . Opinions are mandatory here they help users who not have the same experience with specific instruments. If you do not like them you better grin and bear it they are a way of ukulele playing life. Your listing does not show if you resonated with playing this instrument which immediately attracts suspicion.
Again pardon me, but Im not really sure what I said to suggest rudeness or a “know it all.” Honestly, that is kind of how your responses came across. I decided to procede on the side of you meaning well, but if anything, from the get go, it appeared as if you were on the offensive… I’m new here but I am highly passionate about the ukulele and other folk and stringed instruments.

Definitely did not mean to convey an attitude. I was just responding to your assertions, assumptions and/or recommendations, as they came, in good faith. I know some communication/inflection is lost with type, but I was trying to be as polite, while being as accurate, as I can.

Added a few better pics. This without question is high gloss, regardless of label

I hope I have not assuaged trust in the community. It appears that you already had an opinion of this “newbie” before I even initially responded.

Please review pics, the label was included as a part of my original batch of pics.

All the Best,
ZJ
IMG_6775.jpeg

Last edited:
At risk of being off-topic, that is a gorgeous uke next to the one you're selling! 😍
Yes, thank you! That is one of my pride and joy ✨ this was a custom run (only 5 made 2 spruce/rosewood and 3 cedar/rosewood. It was commissioned for sale by Ukulele Zaza, a teacher and performer of 1920s-30s and dust bowl era music. If you don’t know of him, I definitely recommend looking him up, he is a lotta fun! The design is in part inspired by a combination of Martin style 3 and Lyon and Healy from that same era. It sounds wonderful. I’ll post a sample soon 😊

Last edited:
I don't have a lot of free time to get on and participate in the forums of late. In my humble opinion Jag-Stang's comments are absurdly out of line. Since you're not interested in buying the uke, I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself Jag-Stang!

Thanks @MattyNaylor, @Mezcalero appreciate the support. @Jag-Stang I was taken back a bit, but I know that there has been some new folks coming on here scamming, so perhaps this was a round about way to guard the site. I think it’s clear you care about the integrity of UU. No hard feelings, at least on my end, moving forward

Also Matty, much appreciate the link! Although, I’m a little bummed, I actually paid more for this used then it was sold on the site haha. But to be fair to the dealer, this was probably sold prior to COVID where all prices went sky high. Still, next time I buy high end, I can always try to plug in the serial number and see what comes up for reference. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that

Thanks again y’all ✌🏽

Bump back to the top for exposure

Top Bottom