Shipping
Included
Size
Tenor

bcoryh

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am selling my 2021 Moore Bettah Tenor "Pearl n' Curl" ukulele. Serial #2102

Included is a Hoffee hardshell case ($900 msrp).

Both are in exceptional condition. The uke has been lightly played. Neither have left my smoke-free home. Humidity controlled. No pets.

I purchased this directly from Chuck and he is aware of the sale. Certainly, any potential buyer is welcome to contact him.

Pricing: Honestly, I am not sure how to price this. I am very familiar with nicer mandolins and guitars and have a lot of experience buying and selling them for my personal use. However, this is new to me. So, here is what I am proposing: if you are seriously interested, please reach out to me and we can discuss. I won't be offended by any offer but I also might decide to wait a bit and see what the market offers. The first strong offer can have it.

I am sorry - I do not have any recordings to share.

In the CONUS, I will ship 1st or 2nd day at my expense. Any other location, we can discuss.

PayPal strongly preferred.

I recognize that I do not post on UU and I am glad to provide references. On ebay, you can find my 100% transaction history at "bcoryh."

Even if you are not interested, hopefully, you will enjoy the photos. :)

PLEASE CONTACT TO DISCUSS PRICE

Thank you for looking!

Cory Hawryuk

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpeg
    IMG_0639.jpeg
    976 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_0641 (M).jpg
    IMG_0641 (M).jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0642 (M).jpg
    IMG_0642 (M).jpg
    884.3 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0647 (M).jpg
    IMG_0647 (M).jpg
    925.4 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0645 (M).jpg
    IMG_0645 (M).jpg
    964.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_1044.jpeg
    IMG_1044.jpeg
    890.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    972.9 KB · Views: 276
Wowza! :love: I know that Chuck is an inlay wizard (among his many other wizardries of course!), but this relatively less-adorned model is absolutely stunning! Some of the loveliest wood I've ever seen! GLWS!
Thank you! I specifically requested this model with his "wave" logo on the headstock. I always found this model to be sublime and elegant in its simplicity.

Absolutely gorgeous. And, it has rear-facing geared tuners for people like me.

WOOML, but GLWTS! Very, very, nice.

<edit> I've seen that girl before. Then, I opened my eyes: Markelele's Songbook

Attachments

• Markelele's Songbook.png
    Markelele's Songbook.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I've seen that girl before.

Oh, she's been around for a while. Her first appearance (at least that I'm aware of) was in Esquire, July 1951, by the great Al Moore, one of the most-published artists of the era. He's most known for his pin-up work, but he did so, so much more! Here's his profile page at The Saturday Evening Post, where they include the four covers he painted for them. He did a ton of commercial work, too -- Coca Cola, Nash Automobiles, and many more. Once photography started pushing out commercial artists, he retired to focus on fine art painting and portraiture.

Sorry for taking this even farther off course, but there's something I've always wondered that perhaps @Moore Bettah Ukuleles can answer for us -- is Al any relation to you, Chuck?

Anyway, yeah, this instrument's a gem! Again, GLWS, @bcoryh!

From the "How to Buy and Sell in the Marketplace" post in the Marketplace sub-forum (italics added):

Selling or trading a ukulele​

Create a new thread titled with the name of the instrument you want to sell / trade or what you are looking for.
Set the prefix to Sell, Sell / Trade, or Trade
Fill out the provided fields:
  • Price: What price are you looking for? Please include the currency.
  • Size: What size instrument is it? Soprano? Concert? Tenor? Baritone? Bass?
  • Shipping: Is shipping included in the price? If not, how much? Any restrictions on where you'll ship?

Apparently, the rule (or the strong suggestion) that you have to post a price in the Marketplace has been repealed, but I'm not sure I'd buy an uke in this Marketplace from someone who was unwilling to post an asking price and instead posted "Contact to discuss price."

This is no knock to the uke itself. I have a couple of Moore Bettah ukuleles and I swear by them.

From the "How to Buy and Sell in the Marketplace" post in the Marketplace sub-forum (italics added):

Selling or trading a ukulele​

Create a new thread titled with the name of the instrument you want to sell / trade or what you are looking for.
Set the prefix to Sell, Sell / Trade, or Trade
Fill out the provided fields:
  • Price: What price are you looking for? Please include the currency.
  • Size: What size instrument is it? Soprano? Concert? Tenor? Baritone? Bass?
  • Shipping: Is shipping included in the price? If not, how much? Any restrictions on where you'll ship?

Apparently, the rule (or the strong suggestion) that you have to post a price in the Marketplace has been repealed, but I'm not sure I'd buy an uke in this Marketplace from someone who was unwilling to post an asking price and instead posted "Contact to discuss price."

This is no knock to the uke itself. I have a couple of Moore Bettah ukuleles and I swear by them.
i agree.
there have been many of these instruments sold over many years.
you know what you paid for it.
it's not too much to expect that you set an asking price.
asking to discuss sounds like someone groping.
i won't be a part of that.

i agree.
there have been many of these instruments sold over many years.
you know what you paid for it.
it's not too much to expect that you set an asking price.
asking to discuss sounds like someone groping.
i won't be a part of that.
Hi - Thank you for your thoughts. Because of the unique nature of the market for Chuck's instruments, I sought and received Admin approval before posting. Indeed, I am "groping" as the current market for this particular tenor is not well established. Prior to posting, I spoke with people in the industry and received some helpful guidance. I have bought and sold many nice instruments for my personal use and in my experience, people who have a genuine interest are neither offended nor shy about reaching out. Indeed, people already are. Posting on this forum is new water for me so I apologize to anyone I might have offended.

Apparently, the rule (or the strong suggestion) that you have to post a price in the Marketplace has been repealed,
The Marketplace Rules post has the rules, and @bcoryh is following them, and (as he said), he clarified before posting to make sure.

The "How to Buy and Sell..." post is suggestions and best practices, not rules. Including a price is generally recommended. Many buyers won't bother if you don't list one, but it isn't required.

That said, selling a Mo' Bettah is different from selling a commodity uke. I suspect most posters here are interested in the price just to ogle large numbers (I admit to being fascinated by the auctions on HMS!) Serious buyers probably want to talk to Cory about the instrument first anyway.

I'm happy to see such instruments here, even if I'm not personally interested, and I hope the best for Cory and for whoever ends up with the instrument.

I very much enjoyed the pictures, so thank you for posting. There have been some very premium marketplace sales this week, and they weren't even MBUs - I can only imagine the interest you are getting. GLWTS!

Hi Friends,

I am selling my 2021 Moore Bettah Tenor "Pearl n' Curl" ukulele. Serial #2102

Included is a Hoffee hardshell case ($900 msrp).

Both are in exceptional condition. The uke has been lightly played. Neither have left my smoke-free home. Humidity controlled. No pets.

I purchased this directly from Chuck and he is aware of the sale. Certainly, any potential buyer is welcome to contact him.

Pricing: Honestly, I am not sure how to price this. I am very familiar with nicer mandolins and guitars and have a lot of experience buying and selling them for my personal use. However, this is new to me. So, here is what I am proposing: if you are seriously interested, please reach out to me and we can discuss. I won't be offended by any offer but I also might decide to wait a bit and see what the market offers. The first strong offer can have it.

I am sorry - I do not have any recordings to share.

In the CONUS, I will ship 1st or 2nd day at my expense. Any other location, we can discuss.

PayPal strongly preferred.

I recognize that I do not post on UU and I am glad to provide references. On ebay, you can find my 100% transaction history at "bcoryh."

Even if you are not interested, hopefully, you will enjoy the photos. :)

PLEASE CONTACT TO DISCUSS PRICE

Thank you for looking!

Cory Hawryuk
Spectacular wood and very classy! GLWTS.

The Marketplace Rules post has the rules, and @bcoryh is following them, and (as he said), he clarified before posting to make sure.

The "How to Buy and Sell..." post is suggestions and best practices, not rules. Including a price is generally recommended. Many buyers won't bother if you don't list one, but it isn't required.

That said, selling a Mo' Bettah is different from selling a commodity uke. I suspect most posters here are interested in the price just to ogle large numbers (I admit to being fascinated by the auctions on HMS!) Serious buyers probably want to talk to Cory about the instrument first anyway.

I'm happy to see such instruments here, even if I'm not personally interested, and I hope the best for Cory and for whoever ends up with the instrument.

I acknowledged in my comment that the rules have changed. I was NOT chastising Cory for not following the rules. His post actually complies with what's left of the rules. What I DID say is that I personally do not like Marketplace sale posts that don't include an asking price and that I won't buy an ukulele from a seller who asks potential buyers to discuss the price with him/her/them privately instead of posting an asking price.

Cory knows what he paid for this ukulele. Nobody else does. Unlike Kamakas or most production ukes, where a potential purchaser knows how much the ukulele sells new, custom builds are often shrouded in mystery when it comes to price.

Cory's decision not to reveal what he paid or to at least post an asking price is his decision. Again, I'm not saying that it's evil or anything, I'm just saying that I choose not to deal with such a seller. The problem I have is that a seller who asks people to contact him to discuss price instead of posting an asking price is essentially creating a private mini-auction. A bunch of people will likely contact Cory and make offers that may or may not reflect what Cory expected to get for this ukulele. Cory is likely to accept the highest offer (and, of course, I wouldn't blame him for doing that), and people are likely to make high offers in order to "outbid" other potential offers. This sort of invisible auction -- nobody knows who or how much they're bidding against -- seems particularly unfair to me, and I believe that discouraging them was one reason that the old rules strongly encouraged people to post an asking price. I don't have any idea why that strong suggestion was removed from the rules, but if this practice of not posting the asking price proliferates, I'd be a lot less likely to buy something from the Marketplace.

Last edited:
A few years ago, I went on a trip to the Big Island. On a whim, I contacted Chuck Moore and asked if I could visit his workshop. Chuck and his wife, Bonnie, showed us around his shop and their beautiful home.
I asked about buying a ukulele and he showed me a few that were near completion. They were not full of “bling”. At slightly more than $5000 I leapt at the opportunity to order one.
It was finished and delivered to me a month or two later. Within a few weeks, my hands developed sores “Granuloma Annulare” that prevented me from playing fretted instruments. The doctors told me that the sores would probably never go away.
I didn’t want Chuck to think I was a “flipper” so I told him that I was going to sell it. I listed it here at the price which I had paid. One person here got mad that I didn’t sell it at a big discount because it was used. It sold quickly.
After selling many ukuleles and guitars I went to Cleveland Clinic about an unrelated disease. They gave me a treatment that cured my hands. Now I play fretted instruments again.

I’ve had incredibly cheap instruments and very expensive ones. The best sound comes from practice.

Top Bottom