Most Favoritist Ever

I grew up listening to Ka'au Crater Boys and Peter Moon, so Troy Fernandez and Peter Moon are my favorites.:bowdown:

Here are my choices in no particular order: Jake Shimabukuro, Herb Ohta Jr, Troy Fernandez, Taimane Gardner, IZ, Jody Kamisato, Brittni Paiva, Raiatea Helm, Bryan Tolentino

Maybe Aldrine and Jake...thats all

Without a Doubt: Lyle Ritz

Lyle Ritz is my main man because he has taste, technique, talent and a tenor.

He started way back in the Sixties and his bass playing was good enough for Brian Wilson and that's good enough for me.

James Hill has music in his blood , a smile in his heart and rhythm in his bones.

When Jake meets Lyle and rises to his level of sophistication, he'll really have it all.

There was a little old lady across the back fence from me. Every now and then she would sit out on her back porch alone, drink scotch, play the ukulele (rather well, especially for a little old drunk lady) and sing the RAUNCHIEST songs! :eek: The drunker she got, the better she played, and the raunchier the songs got!
Nobody's EVER going to top her. :D

Aldrine's fun, though. :shaka:

Danyo Cummings is the reason I wanted to learn the uke. Not going to lie, I wanted to play Perfect Tegether. That was the first song I learned on uke, and got it off Tropical Storm Hawaii...I guess I learned it from "da real true kine version 3" of the song. But that was when I didn't know any chords and just knew that one tab and could only play it really slow.

Aldrine Guerrero and his IamHawaii videos (produced with Aaron) are how I actually learned to play, so they both get special mention too.

As for favorite uke player though, I'm not sure I have one.

It would be difficult to name one player for me. Here's a list in no particular order of a few that I love to listen to and who inspire me to try and be a better player:

Azo Bell, Roy Smeck, John King, James Hill, Jake Shimabukuro, George Formby

and on youtube:

Ken Middleton, ukulelezaza, doogey9, wininboy, krouk, Steven Sproat, the Re-entrants, Tripping Lily, the Barnkickers & a host of others. (and I'm still finding more every day)
I've thrown a couple of band names in there as well

If you don't recognise some of the names I've listed, they're worth checking out. You might even like them as much as I do.

"Brudda' IZ" is the reason I picked up the uke and wanted to learn and will always be #1 to me, but Deach and his mad vocals skills and his eye for wardrobe, he makes me want to keep playing.:shaka:

Top Bottom