My AT Uke on Dusty Strings Website

BuzzBD

Reaction score
For anyone interested, I see that Dusty Strings website has my archtop ukulele posted. Their pictures are much better than mine, with a nice description of the instrument. To view, go to Dusty Strings, menu/store / ukulele.
Brad

For anyone interested, I see that Dusty Strings website has my archtop ukulele posted. Their pictures are much better than mine, with a nice description of the instrument. To view, go to Dusty Strings, menu/store / ukulele.
Brad
Oh my, Brad, that is a stunner! Beautiful, unique, and reasonably priced. I can't imagine having the skills to do what you builders do!

I had the pleasure of trying this uke a couple weeks ago! I've never played anything like it. The build is super unique with lots of great little details. The sound has an interesting warmth and tone that's hard to describe.

Playing with the strings a bit farther from the top took a little getting used to, but I think it's good practice to not rest my pinky, like I normally do.

Gorgeous work Brad!

20230216_151345.jpg

Thanks very much everyone for your interest and encouragement. And a big mahalo nui loa to EDW for the link and to hands-on-Ianzon for their thoughtful comments. That kind of feedback is invaluable to me and greatly appreciated. In that vane, a very common option on archtop instruments is a floating pick guard, that allows the use of the little finger as an anchor. I will be sure to add one to the next ukulele. The timbre of the ukulele is unique and what I was aiming for. It is nice after 40 years I am actually starting to acquire some small ability to control such things lol.

I have just finished building a duplicating carving jig, which should speed up and increase the accuracy of my top and back production. The neck joint has been redesigned for the fourth time. That plus the use of my new adjustable bridge is going to allow the player fine tune the action to suit their playing style.
Brad

Wow, just incredibly unique and beautiful. It is an exceptional uke at an exceptional store!

Top Bottom