Sold New "Cat's Eye" concert ukulele from Dave's Extravagant Ukuleles

Price
$342
Shipping
Free to US lower 48
Size
Approx. 23" x 2" x 9"
Reaction score
I build only alternative ukuleles (ukes that do not look like miniature guitars) using 100% reclaimed wood. Like most of my instruments, this one is an original design. Alt ukes run the gamut from the ridiculous to the sublime, and this one starts with a more-or-less ridiculous concept (body shaped like a cat's eye, head stock like a cat's head), but at the same time I like to think it partakes of the sublime in its simplicity and restraint. The top is a nice piece of Tiger Maple, which in my imagination mimics the textured look of a cat's eyeball. The uke has good volume and the kind of bright crisp tone you might expect from the wood.Cat 8-2023  2.jpgCat 8-2023  2.jpgCat 8-2023.jpgCat UU.jpgCat head.jpg

Last edited:
Pictures or a link to some might help potential buyers

David. read this bro. cheers.

Hi there Dave, I love your design philosophy but some more details about the wood and the build would be great.
And a sound sample would be very much appreciated by other potential buyers like myself.
This is a really great forum in many ways, and most buyers here know their stuff and want the details, especially since you are not a known maker to this forum…no offense Would love to hear it!
Cheers!

David. read this bro. cheers.

Hi there Dave, I love your design philosophy but some more details about the wood and the build would be great.
And a sound sample would be very much appreciated by other potential buyers like myself.
This is a really great forum in many ways, and most buyers here know their stuff and want the details, especially since you are not a known maker to this forum…no offense Would love to hear it!
Cheers!
I'll try to get you a sound sample tomorrow.

lol. thanks for writing that Jim. someone had to.
pretty weird how Tim and Amie gotta keep working their asses off even now, having to interject
into these for sale threads from folks who just don't get it...
I think people just miss stuff - I'm so used to it from my work that I don't even think about it any more. In fact, I was delighted when our newest board member (on the not-for-profit that I act as secretary for) actually read every thing I sent, and considered each thing, and had intelligent, thoughtful feedback, and was completely prepared for our board meeting. Unheard of! People don't read (me, too!!!! I am certainly guilty of missing stuff), there's SO MUCH information out there, it's so easy to just shut stuff out and not notice.

We definitely appreciate all our members here who have been very diligent in reminding people about these rules (and reporting on threads in general). Neither Tim nor I can read everything, so it's important to have the whole team help out, thank you.

Top Bottom