New Maton Concert Uke

I've played this one in store... absolutely want one.
The tone is very much alive, looks sleek and comes with a cool case.

And best of all, as an Australian, I would be proud to have an all-Australian uke.

Sadly have been unable to source a good supply of Blackwood. Also found it generally to be inferior tone wise to koa. Others may have a different opinion - this is mine for what it is worth and I don't want to get into a spitting match over it. In fact the last Blackwood instrument I built turned out OK.

Sadly have been unable to source a good supply of Blackwood. Also found it generally to be inferior tone wise to koa. Others may have a different opinion - this is mine for what it is worth and I don't want to get into a spitting match over it. In fact the last Blackwood instrument I built turned out OK.

Pete- Try my former employer- Gilet Guitars
The wood used in the attached pic is from them and they have alot of it.

tenor (2).jpg

just bought one today, and very light . i can only compare it with my kala mahogany, and maton got sweeter and more volume and got it for less than $500 incl hard case.

just bought one today, and very light . i can only compare it with my kala mahogany, and maton got sweeter and more volume and got it for less than $500 incl hard case.

1300cc. You sent me a PM about the Maton ukulele and I posted a reply but I cant for the life of me see it in my outbox. Did you ever get a reply from me? Apologies if you didn't receive a reply. Its a nice ukulele.

Anthony

Yours looks lovely! You must be thrilled!

I went to the site and saw the Waiata Ataahua guitar and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, would love that in a ukulele!!!

Hallo, can someone tell me the measure of the nut of a maton concert? I can't find the mesusre online. The neck and the nut of this concert is wide like kanile'a or kamaka or smaller. Is comfortable?
Thank you.

Top Bottom