Next choice after Kiwaya KTS-4/5?

The Millar PD-210MN - Phil Doleman model, at about $450 US Dollars is available at the British uke store worldofukes.com. GotAUkulele.com has a review that specifies the strong points of this uke and he's a fan of traditional sopranos.

The Millar PD-210MN - Phil Doleman model, at about $450 US Dollars is available at the British uke store worldofukes.com. GotAUkulele.com has a review that specifies the strong points of this uke and he's a fan of traditional sopranos.
I think I heard or read an interview of Phil Doleman where he said he was embarrassed to say that he’d probably run into a burning building to rescue his Kiwaya. Not sure what that says about the Millar, probably nothing.

GotAUkulele recently posted a great review of the Kiwaya KPC concert ukulele. They also have a soprano Kiwaya KPS model (koa and mahogany versions). Prices are reasonable for this quality level (if you can buy from Japanese dealers).

Looks like Elderly has one in stock. They are great instruments

Thanks for the Eastman suggestion. I just returned a Martin S1 (my second). The build is excellent but the sound to my ears not so. My inexpensive Cordoba 20sm has a superior sound to the S1.
Having owned a soprano, concert, and tenor, I have never had a poor experience with an inexpensive cordoba uke.

Top Bottom