NID Moon Bird uke and Fly Bird guitar

NID: Moon Bird uke and Fly Bird guitar

This might be a new category: New Instruments Day! Recently, the stars aligned and two new aNueNue instruments, uke and guitar, came into my life. It started late one night about three weeks ago. I was playing on Facebook and noticed a new post by Hawaii Music Suppy which said the Moon Bird ukes were back in stock:

View attachment 118380

So, I immediately jumped over to The Ukulele Site and pounced on a Moon Bird Tenor with an L.R. Baggs pickup. The tenors were all sold by the next morning.

A few days later, I was looking around aNueNue's web site and noticed they have a short-scale nylon string guitar called the MN214 Fly Bird model. It looked like the Moon Bird ukulele's big brother, so I ordered one from aNueNue. Both instruments have now been delivered, and they are both fantastic!

Once again, the folks at the Ukulele Site outdid themselves with this Moon Bird Tenor. I swear they get better with every uke I order! The Moon Bird was packed like a cardboard bank vault. I believe the packing materials weighed as much as the uke and case. Of course it arrived in pristine condition, with a perfect setup and pickup install. It looks and sounds great, but I don't like the stock strings that came on it. I bet it will really sing when I put on some Living Waters. What else can I say about a Moon Bird Tenor? I'm just thrilled to finally have one!

As for the Fly Bird guitar, it shipped from Taiwan very quickly, and arrived in perfect condition. It looks almost exactly like the Moon Bird uke, only larger, and it sounds amazingly full and resonant. With the cutaway, offset soundhole, and strap buttons, it seems more like a "hybrid" than a classical guitar.

View attachment 118381 View attachment 118382 View attachment 118383
AF1QipODNn0ozVjkSo_Le-uOkmV8LLOUWj1RSaNav1ns

For someone who plays ukulele and guitar, this might be a perfect pair! :cool:
Congrats! Absolutely stunning pair.

Top Bottom