Tanglewood TU7 XSPL Opinions Please

aman

Reaction score
Hello fellow Uke Fans

I went into my local music store today to pick up some new strings and to fondle a few of their Ukes when my eye alighted on a Tanglewood Concert.

This instrument looks fantastic and although I have only been playing a few weeks I coulr hear the difference between this Uke and my entry level Makala.

Are Tanglewood Ukes highly regarded? I know their guitars are.

Anyway, I would be interested in your opinion of this uke and whether there are better models I should be considering in this price range ($220)

419-ZfYK0ZL.jpg

I really liked my Tanglewood tenor, until I discovered Aquila strings...seeing as this comes with Aquilas, you'd be right on the money. There are probably other ukes you could consider, but as you've played that and enjoyed it, why wait? Though I will say that if you can get to Hobgoblin, you ought to at least try a few others. Your local shop have a wider range, but you may want to play a few brands before making your decision.

Edited to add: My Tanglewood tenor was a Christmas gift about eight years ago, since then Tanglewood seem to have developed a level of prestige.

Last edited:
Thanks Casey
I tried the Tanglewood in City Music in Truro. They do have a good range of Ukes mainly Tanglewood, Fender and Stag.

Sheoak in Falmouth are supposed to be getting a load of concert Ukes in soon so I will wait to see what they have in but the Tanglewood is favourite at the moment.

I might also try to get up to Hobgoblins in Wadebridge soon as well to see what they have in stock

Paul

Last edited:
I actually recommend my 'new uke group' members try out the Tanglewood Union Series in Concert & Tenor when looking to buy a 'reasonably good' uke ..... they are just so light, nicely setup (strings close to the fretboard) and sound terrific - and come with a hard case! Not bad for about AUS$170

I always figure that if they spend a bit more on a better instrument right at the start, then they will be more compelled to play it more often - and enjoy it because it sounds so good! :)

RP

Top Bottom