Tuning a Sopranino/issimo

The sound gets better when the strings are tighter but you have to play alone :-(

I watched Baz review an Ohana sopranino yesterday, and he tuned it A, B, F#, D. Have any of you ever done that? I'll have to try it.
That’s how I tuned my Kala Pocket Uke when I had it and it worked very well, although the uke itself was rather dead-sounding whatever I tried.

I watched Baz review an Ohana sopranino yesterday, and he tuned it A, B, F#, D. Have any of you ever done that? I'll have to try it.
I think you mean up a whole step tuning to A, D, F# and B? If that which I also sometimes do on standard soprano then you can transpose down a whole key to play along with others. You play Bb when others play C.

I think you mean up a whole step tuning to A, D, F# and B? If that which I also sometimes do on standard soprano then you can transpose down a whole key to play along with others. You play Bb when others play C.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about the order.

I want a tiny Ohana sopranissimo sometime. Probably will tune it to Bb Eb G C

I have a Black Bear sopranino that I tune A, D, F#, B. It sounds and feels much better with the extra tension.

Mitch

Top Bottom