Uke Praise Ministry

My Kodak digital camera does a much better-than-expected job with audio recording. My Makala comparison was recorded with it rather than my laptop's webcam. The only problem is that I have to convert to avi from mov to work with Windows Movie Maker.

Will, I think you will find that .MOV files will work with Movie Maker. When importing the video, click on "All Files" rather than "All Media Files" in the little box. Then just import as normal. No need to convert.

I am so chuffed! Just came back from our second practice this week (!) and the momentum is growing for this ministry. People are excited! Ordered more ukes from MGM, another person joined right in and is learning very quickly. People ask me for music sheets, and I happily oblige. They look up songs on their own. Their attitudes are positive and the music sounds great.

At one Sunday School Christmas party the host actually broke out his uke and people passed it around and played with it. I told them I hope that becomes a tradition, and that next year people will be prepared to lead a Christmas song or two in a singalong.

Our public debut is this Sunday. Our uke choir will be performing "Away in a Manger" and "Amazing Grace."

This uke ministry is a wave that's fun to ride right now!

Dude! That's so awesome! Kick some butt this Sunday!

Video is definitely planned!

This thing has momentum that I don't fully understand, but I'm glad to be on board with it. Plus - uke stuff as work! It doesn't get more fun that that.

In my line of work we tend to say, "it must be a God thing." Call it what you will, it's amazing.

Will, I think you will find that .MOV files will work with Movie Maker. When importing the video, click on "All Files" rather than "All Media Files" in the little box. Then just import as normal. No need to convert.

I'll try that. Thanks, Ken!

(and did you notice my proper use of the word "chuffed?" Not bad for an American, huh!

Top Bottom