UKULELE REVIEW: Big Rusty Concert Resonator

H

Hippie Dribble

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c3RtB_ome8

Video review of Big Rusty Resonator Ukulele #26: magnolia concert

Discussing some aspects of the build; specs; tone, and with some brief sound samples and still shots.

Please note I was neither asked nor paid to do this review, I am merely a customer wishing to share the experience. I do attempt to sound knowledgeable but it is all a front, suffice it to say I know what my eyes and ears love and this uke has it!!! :)

Thanks for watching friends.

Last edited:
Nice review and beautiful uke, Jon. I'm curious about the cherry cover plate and whether or not you think it resonates and adds anything tonally. Probably not much. It sure looks nice, though. Happy New Year!

Awesome Jon. And a great, succinct review, complete with sound samples. I especially like how you compared it to the Mya Moe and National resonator ukes that you have played. I have been on the fence for a long time about adding a resonator to my uke collection. I found your review very helpful towards making a decision.

Thanks for the feedback Jeff and Dana, much appreciated fellas.

Glad to hear your considering a reso Dana. Like you I thought for years about getting one before I jumped but after trying a few others, think I've finally found the one! And Jeff, as to the impact of the wooden cover plate on the sound, I really have no idea mate but I'll certainly ask Russ about it on your behalf.

I have to say, Jon, that one has "the sound." That's exactly what I want a resonator uke to sound like. I think a few more Big Rustys just got sold based on that video!

Ha, did you buy #21 too. I have been following Russ' work for awhile. Almost got to visit him when I was in Greenville, but he was busy getting ready for a show. congratulations, and great review and nice pick'in.

She's a beauty, Jon. Congrats.

Great review as well. How do you like the feel of a milk paint finish? Is it comparable to a satin finish?

Cheers.

Top Bottom