UWC 2012 Trip reports...

I joined the forum to officially say thanks to Mike, Tootka, and everyone at UWC for again making me feel like family rather than the man behind the curtain.

As a man who is a part of LOTS of festivals, let me assure all who weren't there and may have doubts about the rave reviews from all who were...they aren't exaggeration, it's truly that wonderful, these people are absolutely amazing in their camaraderie and kindness.

On an impulse I told the computer 'yes please, if you wouldn't mind doing that too' and theoretically I multitracked the audio from the latter part of Saturday night...hopefully I can find time soon to visit the tracks for a bit of a mixing session, I'll let people know what I find lurking there as the final resultant quality for live recording is always a bit of a crapshoot, as those who've done it can attest.

I humbly offer my help with any audio tech related questions that arise for anyone here ;)

Ramsey
Kingsnake Sound Company

Ramsey, you frickin' rule! Thanks for your excellence!

Yet another awesome UWC! What else can you say? If you haven't been to this yet, you better mark it for next year.

Just got home last night, started working on the session recordings and photos on the planes so I'm about half done with those. Can't wait to post them.

Met so many more awesome people, 364ish days til the next one.

Alan, Scott, thank you! I'd love to go again next year but won't know for sure until close to that time--it's pretty tricky for me to get away for any length of time.

Alan, Scott, thank you! I'd love to go again next year but won't know for sure until close to that time--it's pretty tricky for me to get away for any length of time.

If you come back next year, please let me know. Would love to collaborate on some straight ahead jazz tunes!

Just wondering...is there a Guinness book of world records entry for "longest continuous 'open mic'"?

I joined the forum to officially say thanks to Mike, Tootka, and everyone at UWC for again making me feel like family rather than the man behind the curtain.

As a man who is a part of LOTS of festivals, let me assure all who weren't there and may have doubts about the rave reviews from all who were...they aren't exaggeration, it's truly that wonderful, these people are absolutely amazing in their camaraderie and kindness.

On an impulse I told the computer 'yes please, if you wouldn't mind doing that too' and theoretically I multitracked the audio from the latter part of Saturday night...hopefully I can find time soon to visit the tracks for a bit of a mixing session, I'll let people know what I find lurking there as the final resultant quality for live recording is always a bit of a crapshoot, as those who've done it can attest.

I humbly offer my help with any audio tech related questions that arise for anyone here ;)

Ramsey
Kingsnake Sound Company
Ramsey brother, reading this made me tear up. This is beautiful news.
You are an AMAZING soundman and it's a joy to be on stage, knowing that you're taking care of me.
The fact that you're an amazing human being is just the icing on the cake!

Hey Trackzilla, You are one of the biggest reasons this crazy world works! I love the jamming, and it is one of the most important parts of the congress, but when you can have people getting together and performing with folks they have just met... well true majic can happen. You help us make it happen. My feelings have always been that the person doing sound is part of the band... so you were in MANY different groups through the weekend!

Thank you so much!

Ramsey
Kingsnake Sound Company

Ditto that. Ramsey was amazing. You could hear clear into the further part of the field with no distortion. And the sound when performing onstage wasn't overwhelming either. Dude is good - real good.

Top Bottom