Who Are Your Top Four Ukers That Inspires You To Play the Ukulele..

Mine are:

1. Stan
2. Eugene
3. Danny
4. Bo

You guys rock!!!! Thanks for your inspiration!!!!

Hi I agree with lots of the above but the man who inspired me when I switched over to ukulele was Ken Middleton I just love his playing.

Some names I recognize, some I don't. What are some current/newer player(s) (men and women) that are more singer/songwriter that just happen to play ukulele instead of just virtuoso uke players like James Hill and Jake?

Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic, but I like to sing and would like to find some nice songs to cover... something I might remotely be able to accomplish unlike what James and Jake play! :)

I listened to the Sarah Meisel stuff, nice but not my cup of tea, a little too saccharine for my taste. Nothing against her or those that like her please, not trying to flame, just my opinion.

I'd love to hear some stuff that's more along the lines of what Eddie Vedder did on his Ukulele Songs album.

Let Me Start....:)
1) Bruddah Iz
2) Jake Shimabukuro
3) James Hill
4) Aldrine G.

stephin merritt
george harrison

i dont really have any others...

The previous list was when I first started. For now, here is my list: Kimo Hussey, Glen Rose, Gerald Rose and Colin Tribe

The previous list was when I first started. For now, here is my list: Kimo Hussey, Glen Rose, Gerald Rose and Colin Tribe
Ah, you're on to the jazz players! The first three there, anyway - I find I'm going that way myself right now! And Colin Tribe is pretty inspirational, I agree! He can play anything...... I'd still be pretty hard pressed to pick out just four though..... can't do it!

When I first started playing uke, I hadn't listened to anybody. Now that I have listened, here's my list...

1. Jake Shimabukuro
2. Aldrine Guerrero
3. Iz
4. Mike Hind

And an extremely honorable mention to Eugene Ukulele. Thanks Jon for being you.

Top Bottom