Martin copies Kanile'a?

It does seem to resemble what Kanilea is doing. Though I doubt Kanilea is the first to do it.

There have been various experiments with flying, suspended, and buttress guitar braces going back to at least the 1850’s. I don’t know of any skeletonized bracing off hand, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s been done before as well. My guess is that Kanilea may be the first major manufacturer to do it at a high production volume.

I like this spectral analysis chart with 6% more amplitude and 20% more sustain.
Now I'd love it if someone could use that same machine and analysis to tell us if the ToneRite works and finally settle the debate!!

I like this spectral analysis chart with 6% more amplitude and 20% more sustain.
Now I'd love it if someone could use that same machine and analysis to tell us if the ToneRite works and finally settle the debate!!
I think there is evidence that tonerite loosens up torrified tops. I.e those that are both horrified and terrified. And I am sure that spectral analysis can show that Jake chords have 26% more amplitude and 14% more sustain than Merlin chords.

I think there is evidence that tonerite loosens up torrified tops. I.e those that are both horrified and terrified. And I am sure that spectral analysis can show that Jake chords have 26% more amplitude and 14% more sustain than Merlin chords.
Mmmm, I've been horrified...and terrified...
TIL: I've been torrified.

I was notified: "Optimum efficiency was achieved with torrefied bagasse because of its slightly modified properties."
Sweet!

Amazing what a graphics designer can do with CNC. The question: is any of this really better than circular holes to lessen mass while retaining strength? Cool looking, though.

Attachments

• Floor Truss.jpg
    Floor Truss.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Top Bottom