2-Chord Song Contest, D & A7, from UkulelePlay.com

Here is my entry to the contest. I wrote the song just for this contest. The rules stated,"Multi-tracking and additional instruments are welcome", so I added the only other instrument that's almost as awsome as the Ukulele, The Cowbell. I also took advantage of Multi-tracking and layed down five layers. 1- The Cowbell, 2- The D & A7 straight strum, 3- The D & A7 arpeggio strum, 4- The Melody taken from the D & A7 chords (the Am Pentatonic scale: A C D E & G), and 5- The vocal track. I also included a link to a "How To" video I made explaining how the song is put together. The lyrics are included in the description. The song is PG-13, so if you lack a sense of humor, are easily offended or are under 13 you probably should pass on this one. Hope you like it, enjoy:

How To Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDkWSlYi3I

This is silly, but is consistent with my user name.

Love this one! Another verse...

Oh, Mary had a yellow cat, yellow cat, yellow cat
Mary had a yellow cat, the boys all loved it so.

And ev'ry where that Mary went, Mary went, Mary went
Ev'ry where that Mary went the cat was sure to go.

She brought it on a boat one day, boat one day, boat one day
She brought it on a boat one day, and took it for a sail

Every time the boat would sway, boat would sway, boat would sway
Every time the boat would sway, the boys would grab her tail.

When I said they grabbed her tail, grabbed her tail, grabbed her tail
When I said they grabbed her tail, I meant the yellow cat.

That's a wrap. Thanks all for your entries. We should have a winner soon (no later than a week, probably much sooner).

Ooops, sorry - Hawaiian time still allows a few more hours. See you in the morning!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your entries! We'll have a winner announced within the week.

Congratulations to Mark Dutton, the winner of a Mahalo Smiley Uke. Thanks everyone for your entries!

Congrats, Mark!
About time you upgraded from that busted-down old uke in your video;)

lovely song Mark, congratulations mate. And well done to everyone! :)

Yes congratulations! And........darn, now I'm gonna have to go and buy one of those smiley faced ukes for my daughter's best friend.

Top Bottom