A Signature Ukulele

Why not? My dad built me a bass (and a surprisingly good one at that) and he plans on building a uke next. I wanted another bass but hey, no complaints here! :D

Do you plan on doing anything special with it? Lacquer it or give it a specific color etc?

If I were to collect autographs, I would rather carry a black hardcase and a white marker. The have a signature case rather than as signature ukulele.

Cool idea Jerry. Make sure the finish is Sharpie, Pencil, Pen friendly.

Then keep one or two in the case. Those Sharpies have a habit of walking off.

Interesting idea. I’m planning to ask James Hill to sign my daily player in October. Probably on the back of the headstock.

Interesting idea. I’m planning to ask James Hill to sign my daily player in October. Probably on the back of the headstock.

I have a "James Hill" tenor, and if I go to an event where he is instructing, I'll bring it. I also have a Mya-Moe resonator that Lil' Rev used to play.

Amazing timing, Jerry, and a great idea!

I decided earlier this week to gift (when completed) my Famous FU120-P to my son for his upcoming 30th birthday, and (Konter-style) to get the signatures on the back of everyone who has influenced his life thus far. I'm in the process of getting everyone's contact info. One lifelong friend is currently in Honduras but will be in town before the birthday. One major influencer (a beloved former Scoutmaster) recently passed away and I'm thinking to just write, "RIP [name] 1948-2023"

Back to your subject, the Famous's mahogany veneer finish is fairly dark which makes me think that silver or white paint markers may be better than a black Sharpie. I'm open for guidance and advice in case there is another choice (such as silver sharpie or some sort of burning/ etching) I haven't thought of.
Clark

Amazing timing, Jerry, and a great idea!

I decided earlier this week to gift (when completed) my Famous FU120-P to my son for his upcoming 30th birthday, and (Konter-style) to get the signatures on the back of everyone who has influenced his life thus far. I'm in the process of getting everyone's contact info. One lifelong friend is currently in Honduras but will be in town before the birthday. One major influencer (a beloved former Scoutmaster) recently passed away and I'm thinking to just write, "RIP [name] 1948-2023"

Back to your subject, the Famous's mahogany veneer finish is fairly dark which makes me think that silver or white paint markers may be better than a black Sharpie. I'm open for guidance and advice in case there is another choice (such as silver sharpie or some sort of burning/ etching) I haven't thought of.
Clark

Thanks for that.

They say a sharpie doesn't last very long for signatures. If I ever start collecting signatures, I will use what they used to write the constitution...probably a quill and an inkwell. I think I'll look pretty cool asking people to sign my uke with that.

I am envisioning a “143” inlaid on the headstock, or whatever number you’re up to

They say a sharpie doesn't last very long for signatures. If I ever start collecting signatures, I will use what they used to write the constitution...probably a quill and an inkwell. I think I'll look pretty cool asking people to sign my uke with that.
Imagine somebody agrees to sign it and bam here comes the feather

Top Bottom