Alone Again (Naturally)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
2020 was a tough year for me. Lost my mom (not Covid) and had a hell of a stressful time trying to keep up with teaching online classes. As a result, I wasn't able to make a lot of ukulele videos. This year I've been making up for lost time and now am in the middle of summer vacation, so pardon my frequent posting of songs. Hope you like my rendition of this Gilbert O'Sullivan classic:

We have another winner! Lovely job.

Hopefully, your great playing of these old classics will help carry you through. It is tough enough to lose someone, but in these times things seem amplified. Online teaching is pretty tough. Hopefully sunnier times are ahead

Wonderful rendition. I hope things have calmed down and that much of the sadness has been replaced with the good memories.

We have another winner! Lovely job.

Hopefully, your great playing of these old classics will help carry you through. It is tough enough to lose someone, but in these times things seem amplified. Online teaching is pretty tough. Hopefully sunnier times are ahead

Thanks, EDW! I don't know if losing my mom earlier in the year, but the year of online teaching that followed was about as stressed out as I've ever been. Interestingly, at one point I forced myself to make a video although I felt like I didn't have time to do it, and I found it therapeutic! :)

Wonderful rendition. I hope things have calmed down and that much of the sadness has been replaced with the good memories.

Thanks, rainbow21! Yes, it's helped that I reduced my teaching load by two classes. Still busy with teaching, babysitting my granddaughter, and gardening, but it's all good! :)

Oh, John. Thank you so much for this video. Gilbert O’Sullivan is one of my all-time favorites musical artists. I have played the album this song is on so many times over the years, that I’m surprised the grooves haven’t worn straight through to the other side of the record. :)

So sorry to hear about your mom, and the tough year you’ve been through. Keep those ukuleles of yours close by and play them often, because music is a powerful healer (as you have already discovered).

Thanks, Jan! I really like Gilbert O'Sullivan, too, and his greatest hits CD was actually the very first CD I bought when transitioning from cassette tapes to compact disc! 2021 has been a lot better than 2020 for me. I don't think I'll reach my goal of 50 ukulele videos for the year, but I'm going to try to get as close as possible. This one is number 30 for the year! :)

Pardon? keep them coming. They are very enjoyable. i look for your songs when i click on new posts.

Thanks, plunker! I know the song I want to try next, but I think it'll be challenging. I'll do my best! Enjoy the weekend! :)

John,

Very sorry for your loss, and I will keep a good thought for you as you move along. Fantastic rendition of a great song. Isn't it interesting how music can carry us through our lives?

Bill

Last edited:
John, first, my sympathy for the loss of your mother as most of us elder members know, it's never easy to loose a parent. Only time heals that wound.

As always, your playing and voice made for another fine recording. Very well done and felt. I thank you sir for sharing with us.

John,

Very sorry for your loss, and I will keep a good thought for you as you move along. Fantastic rendition of a great song. Isn't it interesting how music can carry us through our lives?

Bill

Thanks, Bill! My family actually experienced a long goodbye with our mom as her dementia and inability to speak gradually got worse, so her passing wasn't a complete shock, but still painful to accept nevertheless. I totally agree about music and found playing the ukulele therapeutic during my tough 2020. And it's great to be able to work on videos like these during the pandemic! Take care, my friend! :)

John, first, my sympathy for the loss of your mother as most of us elder members know, it's never easy to loose a parent. Only time heals that wound.

As always, your playing and voice made for another fine recording. Very well done and felt. I thank you sir for sharing with us.

Thanks, Joe! It's still tough trying to accept the fact that I can't go over to Hawaii and spend time with her or have her visit us in Japan and let her get to know her great-granddaughter better. Thanks for your nice comments about the recording! I think sad songs like these are comforting in a way, because we know we aren't the only ones experiencing sadness and grief. Take care, my friend! :)

Beautiful rendition! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. That must've hurt a lot. Hopefully, things will get better.
Thanks, aspieman! My mom was very kind and gentle, despite a tough life. I miss her dearly.

I thoroughly enjoyed your song. Year 2020 was definitely one of the toughest years I have ever experienced. Like you, I found making videos therapeutic. Aren’t we glad there is music in the world!

I thoroughly enjoyed your song. Year 2020 was definitely one of the toughest years I have ever experienced. Like you, I found making videos therapeutic. Aren’t we glad there is music in the world!
Thanks, Joseph! I definitely can't imagine a world without music!

Top Bottom