An embarrassment of ukes

Joe Strummer

Reaction score
You have heard of a murder of crows. A large flock of starlings is a murmuration. There’s a prickle of porcupines.

What do you call an excessive collection of ukuleles? I propose an embarrassment of ukes, like an embarrassment of riches, or too much of a good thing. I felt embarrassed when my girlfriend looked in my closet full of instruments. I’m more embarrassed to admit there‘s another one arriving soon.

I propose that it should be an “upsurgence” of ukes. Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about.

There is no such thing as excessive, whatever amount a person wants, that's what they should have.

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
4 tenor thinline cutaway ukes, 3 thinline acoustic bass ukes, 5 solid body bass ukes
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member Cali Rose & The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

How many uke’s are required to have a quorum?

I call my accumulation of ukes "research"
Me too...I learn about my likes/dislikes and (real) needs/wants with every new/NTM uke. If it doesn't fill a role and I don't like it or don't really need/want it, it goes on the sale block. Of course almost anything can be justified one way or another.

Last edited:
A "plethora of pickables"...

Top Bottom