Case recommendation for Ko'Aloha Tenor Sceptre

Zaddick

Reaction score
Hi All,

My new family member just arrived by post yesterday. I want to take great care of it, but the bubble wrap/cardboard box combo does not seem like an ideal long tern solution. :^)

This is a really hard uke to fit in a case. Does anyone who owns one (or has owned one) have a solid recommendation for a good hard case? I will probably need to use some foam or something to make up for the odd shape, but I am looking for recommendations for this beautiful tenor.

Mahalo plenty in advance!

Z

Mine rests in a Koolau case. I've heard it fits nicely in a Uke Crazy hard case too. Either case requires a little towel under the body since its a narrow bodied instrument.

I bought a O'ahu case from HMS for my Tenor Sceptre. I keep a single folded microfiber cloth under the body, another under the headstock, and one folded the long way over the strings.

With these three cloths (around $14 at Bed Bath & Beyond), the Sceptre doesn't move whatsoever in the case - I feel it is very well protected.

I've got the Uke Crazy hard case, and I'm not sold on the fit. I'd still need the same padding, but the case isn't quite as long as the O'Ahu, and the point at the end of the body shoves right into the padding - I'd be worried about it going through at that point, and hitting the wood shell.

The Sceptre also fits in my Fremont Rectangular case - but the same caveat applies - you need padding under the body and headstock, and between the top of the instrument and the case.

The problem is that the Sceptre is such a thin instrument - fully 1" thinner than my Kala and Cordoba - that without the additional padding ,it will slide around inside the case.

The instrument was shipped to me in NY from Ukulele Source in San Jose - I had it shipped in a Uke Crazy semi-hard case. It has the neck strap, so the instrument doesn't move (as much), but you still need the additional padding.

I wish that KoAloha would make custom cases for these special instruments - I'd definitely buy one!

-Kurt​

Thank you Ronnie and Kurt for your quick replies. I was looking at a Fremont case online today and it seemed like a good option.

Ukulele Source emailed me today to let me know they didn't have any good recommendations for cases. They have been pushing Ko'Aloha to make a custom case for the sceptre and pineapple sunday with little luck. They asked me to tell them what I find out. :^)

Thanks again. I'll look in a store once the weekend gets here.

Best,

Z

Top Bottom