Getting Jiggy on UU! 🕺

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Victoria (aka Jiggy with Viggy) here! Lovely to meet all you fellow ukers and uke enthusiasts 🫶🏻 I’m a little new to forum based posting and stuff, so I will probably lurk amongst the forums and share silly quips here and there. I’m from Long Island, NY and have been playing the uke for almost 10 years. I’ve been teaching all things ukulele via social media and private lessons for about 3.5 years now and it’s been a blast. I’ll be playing/teaching in person at a few uke fests in 2024, as well! Cant wait to make some more uke friends here on UU. 💚💚

Woo-hoo! Welcome! You have so many fans already, starting with ME!!! I'm crazy about your stuff!!!

I also lived in Central Islip, Farmingdale, East Northport, and other places on Long Island (as well as Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens!). This was mostly in the 60s, mind you, so I doubt we've crossed paths in person, but I'm delighted to do so here!

I'll also note that our video games forum here is completely moribund, which is INSANE when we have you, @4stringboy, @Brittni Paiva, and ALDRINE GUERRERO, KING OF MARIO KART here, asking so many other gaming luminaries! Let's see about lighting this thing back up!

You might also want to check out our Food forum, which can also use some help. Just sayin. 🤣

Anyway, be sure to post your work here when you get around to it, and drive right in! There's a lot of folks here with questions, and I know you've got some answers!

Aloha,

Tim
Mod

Woo-hoo! Welcome! You have so many fans already, starting with ME!!! I'm crazy about your stuff!!!

I also lived in Central Islip, Farmingdale, East Northport, and other places on Long Island (as well as Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens!). This was mostly in the 60s, mind you, so I doubt we've crossed paths in person, but I'm delighted to do so here!

I'll also note that our video games forum here is completely moribund, which is INSANE when we have you, @4stringboy, @Brittni Paiva, and ALDRINE GUERRERO, KING OF MARIO KART here, asking so many other gaming luminaries! Let's see about lighting this thing back up!

You might also want to check out our Food forum, which can also use some help. Just sayin. 🤣

Anyway, be sure to post your work here when you get around to it, and drive right in! There's a lot of folks here with questions, and I know you've got some answers!

Aloha,

Tim
Mod
Hi Tim!! Thanks for all the kind words!! Ahh, all those towns are absolutely in my ballpark, I find I’m often on the ol LIRR getting into Brooklyn/NYC for concerts and things. Small world!

I’ll contribute wherever I can! I am definitely not as good as Mario Kart as those titans you’ve mentioned, although I am so honored to be included in the gaming shenanigans. The time zone differences make it a little tricky to jump in games with them 😅

Yes! Cant wait to share my musical goodies over here — I have lots of great plans for the holidays and just general uke-y fun… and I WILL be offering my opinions on egg sandwiches in the food forum. That’s really why I’m here!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the warm welcome! 😊

Hi Victoria, welcome to the UU Forum. It's great to have you here. Can't wait to see and hear some of the things you are involved with.

It's wonderful that you teach ukulele. I live in an area that there are no local teachers. Hopefully that will change next year with a move.

Enjoy and lurk or jump in as the spirit moves you.

Welcome welcome! Good job in the recent competition on TUS and always nice to see more fingerstyle talent joining the forum!

Welcome welcome! Good job in the recent competition on TUS and always nice to see more fingerstyle talent joining the forum!

I know that a lot of folks here are primarily fingerstylists, and Victoria REALLY needs to be on your radar. I'll also note that she leans toward low G, which isn't especially common among tutorialists.

Here's her Instagram, which is where I first found her. (Yep, I'm following!) I also really enjoy her YT podcast, which has featured a bunch of heavy hitters (James Hill in the most episode, in fact), but two of my favorites happened to be some UU regulars, @4stringboy and @Brittni Paiva.

Brittni's version of her arrangement of Adele's "Easy On Me" is one of the best things I've ever heard on YT, so I've actually bookmarked the video to THAT, which is how I'm posting it here, but the rest of the episode is also there. Start with Brittni's performance, then enjoy the rest of the episode.

I know that Sammy has a lot of fans here as a player, and now as an ukulele designer, but he's one of the most engaging speakers about ukulele (and hot sauce and horses and video games and all the other things that Viggy talks about) that you'll find. This is gold, imo.

Hi and welcome! I'll gladly read your posts! I'm also an instructor, teaching free workshops in our library ukulele lending program, county wide. I'm not so talented as to do festivals, but I play in our local band Ladies of Uke.

Looks like I need to join instagram! Your arrangement of My Sweet Lord sounds great.

Top Bottom