I made an amp...well sort of

HH - cool link!

Yeah. I thought so.

One of these days I'm going to get a uke that plugs in. Tell you why in a sec. When I do get said uke, you know where I'll be shopping for an amp. :)

Here's why I need a uke with a pickup (much as I rather dislike the concept).

I keep getting hired by Ken the King for his "King's Cabaret" here in Seattle. It's a great show, fun to play (though not very renumerative) and features, music, comedy, magic and burlesque.

(You can't hardly complain about a gig where you hang out backstage with beautiful women who get naked in front of you. Know what I mean?)

He's recently changed venues, but the ones I've played (so far) were at The Funhouse, Seattle's oldest surviving punk club.

Now, punkers lurve the ukulele. Something about the whole "stripped down to the basics" thing. But soundmen at punk clubs have no freaking clue about miking an acoustic instrument.

Even when you patiently explain it to them.

Their motto seems to be, "Turn it up to 11 and let it squeal."

Feh.

And the soundmen at "regular" rock clubs often have the same problem.

(Did I mention "Feh?")

Since I get these, and other similar gigs, pretty often I'm going to have to get the uke that can use the DI. Just for sanity's sake, y'know?

Might be another one for the list of "excuses to get another ukulele."

Like we need another. :rolleyes:

I checked out the link and made a cart. I will be ordering all the parts needed to make the amp, with a killswitch, and volume control. I think It'll be going in the wooden box in the above pic. Thanks for the link HH.

Top Bottom