Leonardo Nunes Al Capone

I can't imagine Al Capone either playing a uke or carving his name on the bottom.

I have a Rolando bajo uke with "Grace Neely '20" carved inside. Although she's not famous, I like having the connection with the past.

I am not sure if you intended the outcome to sell it, but this thread is a creative way to set up the sale and meet the MarketPlace Post Quota (MPQ) simultaneously, although I think you need 10 posts to meet MPQ. It certainly has created a lot of interest and content.

I have known several people who were given the nick name of Al Capone and there is bound to be many real Alphonse Capones, it is a common name when you look. So the other names could be from anywhere. They all do seem to be male names and there is the number 37, but it could mean the person owned and collected cars from 1937, or it could be a 37th birthday party, etc..

If the inscriptions have no historical significance and reduce the value of the uke, its easy to sand the back and refinish to get rid of the names. No doubt buyers would factor that into any offer they might make.

It will be interesting to see the asking price in the for sale post in MarketPlace.

What is the MPQ?

Top Bottom