New Mainland Tenor Cutaway w/Slothead

That Mainland sounds really good! And very nice playing as well. I really like the looks of the slothead and cutaway.

Thanks Scott, i am really happy with it, it was just supposed to be my 'experimental first tenor' to see if I liked the scale but has turned out to be quite a winner in my book.

I hope nobody thinks I judged it too harshly in my review, I just want to be honest and give an unbiased report. Remember, it is just a $300 instrument and you can get the same thing from mainland for even less if you can forego the extras that I paid for, ie: slotted headstock, cutaway, and $50 case.

I am lucky to live in an area where I can try so many different instruments from the budget imports up to the handmade and even custom built. I have to say that aside from not having neck binding, the Mainland thoroughly whups all the imports up to about $500. And I'm not just saying that because I am the proud owner of one, check my review, I want to reiterate that I am being honest about this. :)

Congrats on the new uke. Excellent review!

no rope binding? is it really a mainland?
Great review. I had the same sharp-corner nut issue on my Bari, but an easy fix.
Keep those ukes moist up there in the hills!
Enjoy

ya peewee, it's a mainland w/o rope binding. I could've gone either way on the rope around the body and rosette but I prefer the subtle hog binding and really don't care much for binding on headstocks. :)

Top Bottom