New Pono MS, or Anuenue?

Joralin

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I want to buy a ukulele that can be used for singing but is also a good instrument for fingerstyle and melodic play.

Im really interested in the Pono Master Series, they seem to be really great. On the other hand im intrigued by the "Cedar Moonbird UT214".

( I have a moonbird and had a lion. While i like the Moonbird i find it good but not optimal for singing. The Lion was really perfect for singing but im not in love with its appereance)

For those who played both: the new Pono Master Series and the Moonbird/Cedar Bird.

What is your favorite, what are the differences? Which one you like better?

I also wonder if the new master serie ( lattice bracing) is as loud as the anuenues. The standard Ponos are too quiet in for Taste.

Hi @Joralin. I can't give any insight into the Master Series but I do have a Lion and Cedar bird (UT214). I also like to sing and do fingerstyle/melodic playing with my ukulele. Both cedar tops are loud and warm, but my cedar bird is a little warmer and is little more scooped low-end bass. It also has a little less sparkle at the high end. I prefer my cedar bird for singing because the uke isn't as bright when I sing. I also sing in the baritone/tenor range.

Not sure if this helps.

Top Bottom