NUD LfdM 19" super tenor

I need to plan a trip to Canada :-D
Congratulations!! I am sure a uke like this will bring peace and happiness for a long time!

Looks great, Dave! It's very cool when you have a nice collaboration with a luthier. Even better when it turns out a success! Congrats!

Wow, Dave, that thing is drop dead gorgeous! Congratulations. I think I just drooled on my clean blouse, d----t.

Dave, your headstock and bridge designs are perfect. Especially with Luis' outstanding execution. It is a fabulous-looking instrument.

Can't wait to hear what it sounds like.

@Spiceysteve.....thank you Steve the 19" scale works a charm as does the wood combo

@Hollisdyer.........Thank you Hollis I am glad we got to share a NUD so close together. I might actually be done buying ukuleles now

@Down Up Dick.....Hey brother I agree it is a looker. Makes me look good, or not, can't figure that out yet:p

@Solorule.....It will definitely look good in your arms Brenda. Get better soon so you can come over, bring your microphone, evryone wants a sound sample

@Slackkey007.....Hey bro this has a slothead just as you like them. But sorry it's not for sale

@Kerneltime.....Thank you, come on up to the Toronto area anytime and we will throw a uke party. You can play her and a bunch of others

@Ukulele Eddie.....Thanks for the compliments Eddie. I know you have been in John Kinnards workshop and worked personally with him and Kevin. It is a rare treat to be able to do that, one most other people don't have an opportunity to do.

@Nicki.....Thank you so much for the nice compliments. Send me the cleaning bill to get the drool off your shirt;)

@kvehe.....It looks even better in person....hint, hint

@Kenn2018.....Thanks Ken, it was fun being involved in the design of the headstock and bridge. But Luis gets all the credit for the superb execution.

I will share something, I have always said give the luthier artistic freedom. Luis suggested the red maple binding, I was going to go with a darker wood. I asked about the arm rest and he said red maple, same as all the bindings. He said lets do the bridge rosette and headstock overlay in Brazilian rosewood, I liked it. When he sent me an in progress picture the arm rest was not maple as discussed but Brazilian rosewood. I'll be honest I was not happy, maybe a bit shocked. He explained that it tied all the other BR elements together. If I didn't like it he could remove it and do maple. I decided to leave it and it is one of my favorite elements of this ukulele

Last edited:
Dave.......That Uke looks amazing as does all of the LfdM Ukes I have seen pictures of. I would dearly love to play some these as they seem to be very well regarded!
I hope you are enjoying owning these instruments.....They are very special!
Mike

@Hollisdyer.........Thank you Hollis I am glad we got to share a NUD so close together. I might actually be done buying ukuleles now

Yes, like a kid on the night before Xmas and this year there WAS a pony under the tree. And like you I also feel quite satiated. I’ve acquired 3 unbelievable gorgeous instruments this past year and already owned some fabulous instruments. Every time I play one I think “what else do I need” and right now the answer is nothing. Sure one always sees some beautiful ukulele that the great Luthiers of our day are crafting for someone else and you say to yourself, ‘ I’d like to play that’ but, like you, I have no desire (and, in my case, disposable income) to commission another instrument.

Last edited:
Congrats Dave; a fabulous looker and I know it sounds great as all LFdM ukes do. Enjoy and keep on uke'in.

Five Stars (*****) from me Dave, I'd give more but that's the maximum! Congratulations! ;)

Thanks Campbell, I appreciate it. Brenda may have spoke to you about Tim, one of our local friends and playing partners. He has a guitar background, been playing uke for 12 years or so and he has a very decerning ear. He played this new LfdM for the second time a few days ago and pronounced it his favorite. Coming from him that is big time.

Dave.......That Uke looks amazing as does all of the LfdM Ukes I have seen pictures of. I would dearly love to play some these as they seem to be very well regarded!
I hope you are enjoying owning these instruments.....They are very special!
Mike

Mike you really must come visit us sometime. I would love to hear you play this instrument..........and a bunch of others. Thanks for the nice words

Sorry I'm so late to the congrats party Dave. It looks spectacular! It must sound awesome.

Mike you really must come visit us sometime. I would love to hear you play this instrument..........and a bunch of others. Thanks for the nice words

I would love to visit you guys one day............................. You never know!!!!!
Mike

Top Bottom