Price
$735
Shipping
Actual shipping cost
Size
Concert

gml

Reaction score
The painful downsizing continues. I've bought way too many really fine ukes over the years and now my goal is to get down to one or two of each size. So, this great Pohaku is up next. It is gorgeous, and has a very cool Douglas Fir top and claro walnut back, sides, and neck with koa bindings. It has a 1.5" nut width and peghed geared tuners. It is in excellent condition, with only some minor strum marks on the left upper bout (see pics).

It has a very clear chimey, harp like tone that Peter Hurney is so good at creating. A Pohaku branded case is included.

I am the second owner and it has lived its life in a humidity controlled, non-smoking household. I prefer PayPal Goods and Services.

Lots more pics here: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0xJOFSVFJ6gz0e
And here: http://www.pohakuukulele.com/fir-and-claro

Asking $835 obo.

Attachments

• IMG_3236.jpeg
    IMG_3236.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_3240.jpeg
    IMG_3240.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_3241.jpeg
    IMG_3241.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_3244.jpeg
    IMG_3244.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 237
  • IMG_3247.jpeg
    IMG_3247.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Ooo, very nice Pohaku. Peter is making me a tenor using claro walnut, and yours is making me second guess my choice of spruce top, as fir was an option. So pretty.

GLWS. Trying to convince myself that I don't need a concert sister uke.

This is a steal folks! I'm the original owner and paid twice as much for it when new!
The only reason I passed it on to Gary is because I just couldn't bond with the headstock and Gary had another uke I really really wanted.
If you're on the fence you won't regret buying this one
BTW: I've done several transactions with Gary, and he is first rate to deal with all the way!

I had a Pohaku concert in Claro Walnut and Cedar (slightly different style) and it was one of the best sounding ukes I've ever played (and stunningly beautiful). It was clear and bright yet still sounded very full. Projection, dynamics, and sustain were incredible. I prefer a smaller nut width, otherwise I never would have parted with it. Whoever gets this will LOVE the sound and the quality of the build.

I'm the new owner or @Ad-LowG 's concert Pohaku and I can attest! Peter's builds sound great, play well, and look amazing. And sheeeeesh the curls and waves on this one are 😍😍😍. The top looks like it's reverberating sound... I've never seen a top grain pattern like it.

As for the price, this is a steal! There's currently a used tenor at Gryphon for $1500 and I got my new soprano for $800.

Do it!!!!!

Hands on Lanzo - congrats on your new Phaku. I've decided to keep this one - in part due to your post! Too good an example of Peter's work to let it go....

I love the Deco Pohakus. If you ever change your mind and decide to let this one go for $735, please keep me in mind;). I would sell a uke to fund this one.

Hi Skeeter,
Thanks for reaching out. I may be open to letting this one go, but I'm about to head out for a two week trip on Monday. How about I reach back out to you when I return and I'll have a chance to think about it more over that time. Where are you located?
Thanks,
gary

Hi Skeeter,
Thanks for reaching out. I may be open to letting this one go, but I'm about to head out for a two week trip on Monday. How about I reach back out to you when I return and I'll have a chance to think about it more over that time. Where are you located?
Thanks,
gary
Sounds good. I am just north of Boston, MA. No rush.
Anita

Top Bottom