R E Toler & Co. (Kailua - Kona Hawaii) Tenor Koa Ukulele

Quick update:

I am in possession of the Toler ‘ukulele on loan from its owner. I haven’t had much opportunity to play it yet (been teaching students all day and will be performing tonight), but I’ll be spending some time with it and sending out some feelers for additional information tomorrow.

Last edited:
Quick update:

I am in possession of the Toler ‘ukulele on loan from its owner. I haven’t had much opportunity to play it yet (been teaching students all day and will be performing tonight), but I’ll be spending some time with it and sending out some feelers for additional information tomorrow.
It's certainly a beauty but very difficult to put a value on it. I think we're all curious how it plays/sounds?

It's certainly a beauty but very difficult to put a value on it. I think we're all curious how it plays/sounds?
In the time since this uke was listed to Mandolin Cafe, I’ve collected some input from some Shawn Yacavone and Andrew Kitakis (a big thanks to @Ukulele Eddie for his help). I sent some advice today re: pricing and made an offer of my own. As of right now, I’m scheduled to return the uke to its owner tomorrow (I don’t know if they’ve seen my offer yet).

For now, I’ll say that the uke sounds as good as it looks (and perhaps even better). It’s very lightweight, with a shockingly loud and woody voice and very good intonation. Action is a bit high by modern standards, but it’s still very playable, and there is ample material at the nut for adjustment.

Top Bottom