Recommendations of tuners that use easily available rechargeable batteries

FWIW... I still use the first electronic tuner I ever owned, a Korg CA-30, that I bought in back in 2004 or so. It takes 2 AAA batteries and they last for years. The ones in it now expired in July 2012 and they still work. I don't think I've changed the batteries more than 3 times in the 14 years I've owned it.

FWIW... I still use the first electronic tuner I ever owned, a Korg CA-30, that I bought in back in 2004 or so. It takes 2 AAA batteries and they last for years. The ones in it now expired in July 2012 and they still work. I don't think I've changed the batteries more than 3 times in the 14 years I've owned it.

I would change the batteries. Even though they still work, out of date batteries are far more likely to corrode and leak. That will irrevocably destroy your tuner.
Batteries are cheap. An ounce of prevention... etc.

I would change the batteries. Even though they still work, out of date batteries are far more likely to corrode and leak. That will irrevocably destroy your tuner.
Batteries are cheap. An ounce of prevention... etc.

I would change them too... if I was the kind of person who thought about stuff like that :D

Top Bottom