Should I buy a concert or tenor sized Eleuke?

singnswimgirl

Reaction score
I'm a girl with long, thin fingers, so either one I could play easily. I already have an acoustic concert uke and love it, but I was wondering of itd be easier to play the higher notes on a tenor electric ukulele, and I also wanted to know the differences besides obviously the size. Which do you suggest I buy? (I'm probably getting an SL series Koa Eleuke)

Hi Swim,
Being that you probably have smaller hands, I'd highly recommend a concert. That's all I'd have, and my hands are big for a girl's. One of mine has a cutaway body, so there are no high notes I can't reach. As far as the Eleuke, I'd try to by it from Mim, at Mimsukes. It will be priced right and come all set up. Last I saw, her selection was huge. Good luck, let us know how it turns out!:eek:

If you are playing around the 9th and 10th frets, you will find the tenor easier, especially with tight bar fingerings. It gets a little trickier to do a bar on the second fret and pinkie on the 7th fret. Those 5 fret stretches are more challenging on the tenor, but not impossible if you are a female with long fingers.

–Lori

PS– since you are going electric, you probably won't hear much difference between the tenor and concert sizes.

Last edited:
I bought a tenor eleuke, I love it, but sometimes wish that I bought a concert. I still play my eleuke tons, but really prefer my concert size uke. If you really like concert size stick with it.

Super-concert. I like a concert body, but like the tenor neck. Every once in a while I will play a regular concert and it's fun because it's easier on my left hand.

Top Bottom