Show off your cheap ukes!

IMG_1427.JPG
This is my current record holder... bought on eBay two years ago for a total of $18... tax shipping and all...

It was run into by a forklift... I sanded smooth and put it into my collection of loaners for my students.

A Luna concert tattoo model, FYI.

The latest addition to my uke family: a Flight ultra S -42 , a complete polycarbonate travel soprano. It has a nice underwater print and a loud voice. It plays really easy. I wanted to take a uke to the swimming pool with my clients, and I found this beauty for just €52,-! I will treat the metal parts with WD40 first, though I will not take it really underwater. The strings have to settle first of course ( I think it came straight out of the storage and has never been tuned) but when they stay in tune I will add a sound sample…

IMG_4412.jpeg

The latest addition to my uke family: a Flight ultra S -42 , a complete polycarbonate travel soprano. It has a nice underwater print and a loud voice. It plays really easy. I wanted to take a uke to the swimming pool with my clients, and I found this beauty for just €52,-! I will treat the metal parts with WD40 first, though I will not take it really underwater. The strings have to settle first of course ( I think it came straight out of the storage and has never been tuned) but when they stay in tune I will add a sound sample…

View attachment 172194
I have one in black before they were branded Flight. Great little uke.

I’ve never seen this version outside of Flight’s website. Your picture makes it look much more appealing. I like my Ultra Travel / S-42s; it’s a very comfortable design and feels bulletproof.

A 1920s Harmony-made Supertone soprano, a Craigslist find. A pretty decent sounding instrument with lots of volume and a Martin-like bark. The cheap friction pegs were shot, so I replaced them with a set of Waverlys that I had on hand. As the photos show, there's lots of the sort of honest wear I love in vintage instruments. This one was, as they say, well loved. I may be putting it up for sale if anyone is interested.

IMG_4048.JPGIMG_4062.JPGIMG_4057.JPGIMG_4054.JPGView attachment 172235IMG_4045 2.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom