Sneaking in from Virginia

ferret

Reaction score
Been lurking about and finally made a decision on my first ukulele, so I just thought I'd post up an intro. Live in Northern VA near DC and just starting out. My only previous music experience being the piano when I was in middle/high school and messing around with friends'/family's guitars. Thanks to Mike at Uke Republic I get my Mainland concert tomorrow!

Hi ferret!..Welcome to UU and congrats on the the new uke!.. Im from VA Beach.. Glad to see more Virginians on the forum.

WooHoo another Mainland convert. You made a good choice for you first uke. And welcome Ferret to UU. Looking forward to here all about the adventures of you and your Mainland.

Wow, yet another Virginian on the UU boards. Welcome and congrats on your new Mainland concert!

Welcome, lots to learn here. Starting out with a Mainland, I'm impressed!

Aloha Ferret,
Welcome to the UU and our forums and congrats on the new uke and being a active member here...Google Musicteacher2010 and Keonepax for some awesome ukulele video tutorials and Dr Uke
for songs, chords and instructions...Happy Strummings..MM Stan

Welcome, lots to learn here. Starting out with a Mainland, I'm impressed!

Well I was originally aiming for a less expensive Kala or Makai, but they weren't in stock and Mike internet twisted my arm to stretch a bit further.

mm: I got everything bookmarked or saved to my desktop with boot camp ready to go.

Thanks all

Yeah Mainland, yeah Mike & Mike, long live Uke Republic!!!

mm: I got everything bookmarked or saved to my desktop with boot camp ready to go.

I've been playing for about 6 weeks, and started boot camp a bit ago. At first it was slow going but now I am glad I stuck with it. It's giving me a good arsenal of chords to start with.

I'm glad that you found us! Welcome!

Hello! I'm in that area too and there's an ukulele group I'm apart of that meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday if you're interested, it's on meetup.com (I'd post the link but I can't get it to load!) We meet at Cafe Montmartre.

There's also the Lake Anna Ukulele Festival coming up soon!

Hello! I'm in that area too and there's an ukulele group I'm apart of that meets every 2nd and 4th Sunday if you're interested, it's on meetup.com (I'd post the link but I can't get it to load!) We meet at Cafe Montmartre.

There's also the Lake Anna Ukulele Festival coming up soon!

I've just started going to that group too! I'm the ultra noob.

And, there is also the Strathmore Fest on Aug. 24th. I heard they were going to try and break the ukulele-playing world record, which is 800+, but given the lack of advertisement for this fest, I doubt they'll get that many folks?

See you at Lake Anne - I'm going to see um, oh, I forget his name, this Sat.

Hi and welcome!

I'm planning to come up for the Lake Anne festival and hope to see lots of folks there!

Top Bottom